How to play dirt rally VR on pimax 8k, 5k without revive and steamvr

Create steam_appid.txt in the folder where dirt rally is installed and write 310560 in that file

In addition, copying both files LibOVRRT32_1.dll and LibOVRRT64_1.dll(Oculus dll - Google Drive ) to the folder where dirt rally is installed will work without oculus software

20 Likes

Great tip! I’ve been saving Dirt Rally to play in VR, but haven’t gotten around to it yet. I’d heard there were problems playing it lately. (SteamVR issue???)

Anyway, I’ll give this a try.

2 Likes

Same here… and when I do finally get to it, I’ll probably do exactly what park did… go about 20 feet and crash! :laughing:

3 Likes

I don’t have a driver’s license.:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Wow let me try this! I hope it works with latest beta!

2 Likes

Let us know about it :slight_smile: I’ll try it also in the weekend (beta 121 here) and report here

1 Like

it did not work for me with beta 121 pitool and pimax4k

Does it run when the game is run from the folder where dirt rally is installed?

Entire oculus launcher install needed? or can we use only the same old oculus file to avoid 5gb install?

2 Likes

i dont have the oculus instaled so this 1 needet any way without the oculus instaled?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M11Zdytb_B3_r5v2oI5pr7ZCTKxdnam1

Step 4 to 6 :wink:

2 Likes

I have now verified that the oculus launcher is not needed.

1 Like

great! do we need the 2 file i linked up here or absolutely no ext file needed?

Try lowering pitool rendering quality.

1 Like

So all we need to do is create this file with the number, no oculus software installed?

only this “Create steam_appid.txt in the folder where dirt rally is installed and write 310560 in that file”

2 Likes

Yep, you just have to do that.

nice I’ll have to check it out

This actually works! Finally have VR in DirtRally. Thank you very much. Will this same technique work for Alien Isolation and Doom3 bfg ?

4 Likes

If you copy both files LibOVRRT32_1.dll and LibOVRRT64_1.dll (Oculus dll - Google Drive ) to the folder where dirt rally is installed, it will work without oculus software and revive

2 Likes