How old are you gramps?

I’m holdin’ on at 52.

10 Likes

Just think about how much harder it would be without the inspiration to try. Not only can I still out drive, fly and shoot many of the youngins, I find I still keep improving on my previous performance. What we “old farts” lack in reaction time, we make up for in years of experience both in RL and simulation.
Another appropriate song verse would be “I’m not as good as I once was. but I’m as good once as i always was”

7 Likes

17 posts were split to a new topic: Reflexes, training and experience in gaming

I think you are the current Camp Gramp Champ here in the forum. Keep on gamin,young fella :wink:

8 Likes

Possibly because the Pimax has required a substantial amount of ‘disposable’ income. Made even more ‘disposable’ by the fact that it was a kickstarter: the fact that there was no immediate gratification probably kept the rich kids out.

As to shooters in VR, I find it interesting that I’m as good a bullet magnet in VR as I am in pancakes!

Edit: as to age, I’m older’n most of ya, but, thankfully, not all! Nice to know that there are some other old farts into tech!

10 Likes

I am 43.
my body feels like 53 after being chef for 20 years.
my mind age is 28.

:rofl:

10 Likes

Good to see all you youngster’s doing well,76 here and still kicking
I guess I’m making up for the lack of games as a child,but not quite
in my second childhood yet??
Love VR and really hoping I get the next ten years to appreciate it

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

17 Likes

I don’t know if I should tell you. My rig is dof p3, alpha and bravo controls,warthog, using my collective from PFT Puma, TM pedals, i9 9900k and Rtx 3090 and I turned 80 on December 5. I wonder who that old guy is in the mirror every morning.

15 Likes

I turn 63 on January 27th.
A nice present would be my DMAS from Pimax. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Been awaiting the same :sweat_smile:@Finn

2 Likes

48 here, 49 in march :grimacing:

…and something like @oysta1109… body feels early 50’s, mind early 30’s :slight_smile:

8 Likes

52 today, imagine that!

7 Likes

24 :laughing: :kissing_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I always suspected that the most vocal members were still young pups. Now when the real grandpas stormed the thread I can finally count myself in as a young one - while approaching my 50 :slight_smile: .

6 Likes

Speaking of storming a thread. Im shocked at how many people are coming out of the woodwork to confess their age :blush:

I guess it makes sense for more mature people to own Pimax headsets.

4 Likes

43 last week. But to quote Simon Pegg, ‘only physically’ :grin:

3 Likes

41 and it’s interesting to see so many in this age group. But how great would it be to reach pension age now and have all that free time for VR

6 Likes

Gee, you’re an old fart! I never made it past 16!

5 Likes

Happy Birthday! May your birthday be filled with fun VR experiences! :partying_face:
And some fun in rl, too! :clown_face:

5 Likes

38 :slight_smile:

4 Likes