Honest questions to Pimax

Thats a good example/explanation of a delay that we, Pimax backers should get too.
Transparency Pimax.

3 Likes

For most honest entrepreneur this is not the mind set they are in, they really want to give the product but need more cash inflow. It’s really hard the to trace a line where your beginning to “rob” your clients

My guess is that Pimax have to take the pre orders now as this was probably a milestone that was shown when seeking new investors. They are soon going to be under a lot of pressure from these investors to start hitting sales targets and delivery dates next.

In away this is very good because they certainly aren’t getting any pressure from the backers. Most are happy with no updates, slow progress and lack of communication.

Not all backers but there’s quite a few on here

1 Like

Though I feel for the backers awaiting delivery, hell you have had quite a wait… Console yourselves that you got a good deal and you’ll actually get your reward (at some point) :slight_smile:

In the end it doesn’t really matter whether you get answers or not. You’ll get the headset, when you get the headset.

Trying to nit pick by the day (see the threads that come up on this board on a daily basis by lots of people asking the same question) it won’t make it come any faster.

At this rate its pretty obvious MOST of the backers won’t get there headsets pre christmas. Some will, some won’t. Its likely it’ll be within the first month or 2 or 2019 that all backers will get a delivery, then the recent pre-orders will kick in.

Again people will vent that they have been lied to etc etc. But you can’t control supplier part quality, looks like Pimax were overly optimistic, probably based on the early parts they received for the prototypes. Believe me the LAST thing you want is to skip QC…

Pre-order at this stage is to get overall numbers so that they can pre-order the parts. The more they order, the faster everyone gets a headset as the manufacturing will get prioritized. Also they need money to place those orders. That’s the reason for the comments from Pimax.

Everybody wins if the manufacturing speeds up.

Either way, best to find a decent distraction from this for a month or 2, sit back and eventually you’ll get a delivery :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personally I have encourage PImax from the start to increase quality and frequency on Update, but if I were to be sad for all my Kickstarter that are late and pursuit the creators. I would quit my day job :wink:

Guys this is a typical Kickstarter scenario were are now in the “production problems phase” and nothing we do will change this. The only thing we can do and require is more open communication and even in the best case don’t expect it to be on a day/weekly base even them don’t have this kind of retro action from there suppliers

1 Like

The Investors will change that. Pimax will have made promises to them, and they will have to answer their questions. The backers did their job backing the project, that’s all they are needed for. Pimax don’t answer to backers

Delays are fine and to be expected but I’d just like a couple of updates a week. Something simple like “Still waiting on parts, expecting to receive them by ??? date” or “Produced ??? units this week and preparing to ship”.

5 Likes