Has Pimax Improved after all the promises? The answer is no

The latest shipping update has helped me calm my nerves.

I really hope those boxes have got 8KXs in them!

5 Likes

I think we are in a time when things are finally coming into place, we have mass production rolling in a great pace, we are now shipping and we have a very nice schedule plan for the next months. Why dont we - for once - just try to see the positive side of things and somehow at least TRY to get excited that our 8KX headsets are coming this month?

In the end, its not another gen1 piece of ****. The 8KX is something you knew would be better than that, and who else would be first one to release the only wide FOV 4K headset for you, other than Pimax?

Just give it a thoughtā€¦
Thank you

8 Likes

Except upper USB lol :joy:

Yeah. Screw Pimax. It misses the upper USB. Better get the G2 lolā€¦
/s

1 Like

On top of that, we have a nice PiTool update coming up, that will for sure be much appreciated.

9 Likes

Can Pimax just develop new main cable with one extra USB C male cable for eye tracker?

2 Likes

Yes thats something we are looking at, as I mentioned before already.

3 Likes

Marcin the difficulty is we have had ā€œnice schedule plansā€. Many times over and folks have been positive. Unfortunately pimax will only fix this stigmata of past misgivings with proven performance. Which will take time to demonstrate is a new reality.

Understand I do appreciate the hard work that is being done. But we need to be realistic.

9 Likes

That is cool. I will hope to see that before getting both eye tracker and RTX 3080.

2 Likes

No upper USB no sale. I couldnā€™t live without the upper USB, it gives me sleepless nights to think about missing my dear upper USB port. What could have been the story of a lifetime, means Iā€™ll probably have to sell my 8KX on eBay :sweat:

2 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/has-pimax-improved-after-all-the-promises-the-answer-is-no/29312/17?u=generic

@SweViver are you trying to blame me for your own mistake of spreading misinformation

You said in your video that ā€˜Pimax has SHIPPED 200 Unitsā€™. You clearly havenā€™t done any due diligence or fact checking as the European Marketing Director. Now you want to take a bite at your customer?

3 Likes

BTW why Reverb G2? You have 8K Plus huh. I would stick to my 8K Plus if I have not opted for 8KX Upgrade Program. Screw both Reverb and Pimax. :smile:

I can currently imagine the chaos at Pimax and its employees very well, for that I have my sympathy and pay respect to them. Why donā€™t you complain in your countries about the increasingly tough customs restrictions and / or corona. Our countries are responsible for this trade war. Neither Pimax, FED EX, or anyone in China can change that at the moment. China is the most technologically advanced country in the world. Itā€™s all about this.

1 Like

Dude, you are really getting obnoxious.

Can you stop the constant attacks. Is there a way I can block this dude to not even see his posts anymore?

6 Likes

Oh Please not all over againā€¦ not showing improvement? WRONG

ā€“ still not perfect? MORE LIKELY TO BE CORRECT.

I understand the frustration, really, I do and for some itā€™s been a whole lot of sh1t load of things going wrong, that I can really understand but ā€¦

Ok, it could have been communicated faster - but we are not employees of pimax, and I imagine that even they have procedures and ways that donā€™t inform everybody instantly - especially if aspects are still open and as said, itā€™s not like all are standing at the window and waiting for the packages to be shipped out.

I would assume its normal at these sort things are first handled internally and then (Quora just did) explained to the customers - its normal - mostly even more than other companies do. That things are complex in a worldwide business is normal too ā€¦ things happen and if it does not take weeks to update it, itā€™s good imho.

I have had every Issue, with some hurdles, handled and lately rather on the good side.

I understand we want it now and we want updates on a minute basis ā€“ but that is not realistic ā€“ rather ask for truthful Infoā€™s once a week ā€“ and if we have bad luck, it could be that to the Team in touch with us all seems fine till Friday and just Monday the sh1t cooks up ā€“ so we might be waiting almost 14 days to be informed ā€“ hell that is live! Not nice, but no reason to write more about then the Encyclopedia Britannica is lengthy .

Donā€™t get me wrong, I would love to have it perfect ā€“ but instead of all this iterating on the same sh1t over and over, lets rather try to make it better from now onā€¦.

And just as a current pick of example, that others are no better:

I have 4 E-mails written just to get a response that my new Audio HeadSet is produced and will be taking 14 Days to be made and shippedā€¦ well that was far over 21 days agoā€¦ and I have heard nothing after that ā€“ and it took 4 mails just to hear about that and that they actually are ā€œmaking itā€ā€¦ no explanation for the delay, or predictions when it will come or how long its going to take - and that is from Germany to Germanyā€¦ (CORONA)

I switched my Internet Contract (?) after 3 Phone calls, I was told that I had already a planned switch ā€“ due to a simple mail 9 month ago, I never got an answer back or knew a thing about. This time I had to provide a special form (for the same thing? Strange). I called twice again and hear yes its being made, yes itā€™s gone happen Mondayā€¦. That was almost 14 days ago ā€“ nobody is informing me, my customer pages show nothing, no email, no call, no higher speed ā€¦ .

Those are both 2 large companies ā€“ and they are not out performing at all

5 Likes

most companies that ā€œdo logisticsā€ have an internal system that employees can log on to that records basic information on products, orders placed and shipments sent. Martin says he has access to just such a system and ā€œknowsā€ how many headsets have been produced and shipped. Then lies about the numbers. Is that Genericā€™s fault?

3 Likes

Are you telling me that I as a customer have better access to Pimax information than the European Marketing Director, is that the new excuse?

2 Likes

if heā€™s busy coding and not spreading false info on the forum (and telling customers they are ā€œconspiracy theoristsā€) then this problem wouldnā€™t exist.

3 Likes

Imagine if Valve opened up a forum where people could chat with Gabe Newell about why the Index is delayed and has awful build quality.

That would obviously never happen. Pimax is making a bigger effort to stay in contact with its customers than any other headset manufacturer.

4 Likes

Imagine if Valve had their main PR guy call their customer ā€˜Conspiracy Theoristā€™ When those people happened to be correct.

1 Like