Half-Life 2: VR —Pimax Support!

After five years of work and its own period of “development hell”, the long-anticipated Half-Life 2: VR mod will finally enter public beta this September.
Created by a group called the Source VR Mod Team, it’s a VR implementation of Half-Life 2 in the style of Half-Life: Alyx!It looks surprisingly good!!

The mod will be free of charge, and playable by anyone with a copy of Half-Life 2 and a SteamVR-compatible headset. The team say it’s been successfully tested on the Pimax ,Valve Index, Quest, HTCVive VR headsets, but it should be good to go on anything you can run SteamVR on!!

11 Likes

Can’t wait for this to release.

2 Likes

Looks great. Looking forward to revisiting this classic.

On the vr mods homepage it states the mod will work with any other mod that doesn’t use dll’s, so i’ll be finding & using a suitable graphics upgrade mod with it.

3 Likes

“project regeneration” textures look quite well but there are plenty on gamebanana from models to effects too,only thing you cant change is the weapons as they are made specifically for VR.

ah right ok makes sense, thanks, i will keep that in mind.

Woohoo! Concrats to Wormslayer and team; Steady does it. :smiley:

It will be interesting to see what mods develop after release to the community. For my part I won’t assess the graphics until inside. Glad the project got saved and look forward to replaying the trilogy in VR.

I hope Fake Factory Cinematic mod will be do-able with the vr mod somehow .
It had the best textures . ( more than 10 years of work )

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.