GeForce Now game streaming at 120fps on low end hardware, possible use for VR?

CLOVR was released early access for backers on Ios today. Can’t wait to check it out soon. I know that it’s not gonna be as good as with more high res android device but I’m very curious about latency and how they will implement controling solutions.it were just a couple of bucks on KS.

1 Like

You’re making me excited. When’s this gonna be released? Any idea…?

Before I bought an actual headset I was doing PC to mobile streaming with Trinus, Intugame and VRstreamer on iOS.

It was wireless and very smooth with a 5Ghz wifi router I got a cheap one and connected to my pc and set right beside me for best quality.

The only problem with this setup was battery drain and heat! It was an iPhone 7 plus, maybe those don’t handle heat as well as newer models but the heat made it impossible to play for longer times. 5-10 minutes and your phone would be scorching hot. I worried about explosions right in front of my eyes… This was at the time of the exploding Samsungs.

So I hope CLOVR solved those phone issues because otherwise they’re just doing the same those other apps did without solving any of their problems.

2 Likes

Yeah, I certainly would not want an exploding phone balanced on my nose either!

However, as it is Video streaming, it should be slightly more demanding on hardware compared to watching a video but of course the network sending of interactions could have been the cause of over heating?. That little wifi chip would have been working flat out in a bi-directional way. Maybe the decoding of the video stream is very demanding too. Either way, it should be less than trying to run a native AAA game on a phone I would hope.

1 Like

No sorry, you can join the BETA, just click that link and see if you get in. It will all be depending on your Broadband speed on how good an experience it is.

2 Likes

Ownership is always better than rental.
Rather than shell out monthly fees and at the end have nothing I would rather save with those fees and purchase at the end and have ownership.
Perhaps for those just wanting to trial high end game it is worth a 1 month subscription.

1 Like

Was hoping 120fps recording and twitch streaming.

Ah but what if you simply don’t want to shell oit $1000 or more for a pc to run a game?

For me I’d rather as you say own.

But Benefits

• Play on Smart TV etc with controller
  • Shield Android Tablet/box play anywhere easier than a gaming laptop.
  • No installation issues, just works (console like experience)

Con

• Bought games only accessable via monthly sub
  • If service goes under bought games gone.

Eh? It is not game rental. It is your own steam library (or other library) running on their cloud computers. That’s how I ran my own copy of Black Ops 3 on it. I also installed my copy of Subnautica (which is not listed as an instant install from their game library) so it took about 5 mins to install it.

From the front page that I linked

You provide your own game content–whether it’s your own vast library of titles or your collection of free-to-play favorites. Don’t own a game? Look at our GeForce NOW supported games list to see where you can get started. Enjoy your favorite PC games, like PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, Fortnite, Far: Lone Sails, and access to over 200 pre-installed popular titles, with new games getting added all the time.

That’s not right either. You can install the games on your local machine too, if its capable. It is your steam library.

1 Like

Yeah thanks for the correction that removes that con for sure. Makes itvon par with Playstation Game streaming service. How does the monthly fee compare?

No idea, it’s a free beta with no mention of costs yet. Just sign up pal.

1 Like

Needs to be 180fps and that’s just the basic of it