Game suggestions for no controllers or basestations

Shipping is looking to wrap up this month / early February. I’m excited, but I don’t own a Vive nor do I plan to. Therefore I’ll be waiting until Q3ish for the full SteamVR experience.

What are some good games I should play in the meantime? I know of and have Subnautica and Elite: Dangerous, but that’s it.

I have an Xbox 360 pad. Can I use Bigscreen Beta? Other desktop apps? VorpX?

Hopefully the community can help with suggestions; I’m sure I’m not the only one who will be in this situation for a few months!

TIA!

2 Likes

Alien Isolation with the MotherVR mod.
Serious Sam 1,2,3.
Doom 3 BFG with VR mod.

1 Like

I think there was a list somewhere
@Heliosurge

Yea search around here you will find them. If you liked the subnautica type game then I would recommend The Solus Project. Its great! Invest in a cheap Xbox controller, wired or wireless will work. Makes it easier to play then with mouse and keyboard. Lots of games can be played with the Xbox controller.

3 Likes

FS2 AEROFLY is a flight simulator with very good VR performance. Download some of the amazing scenery and enjoy your pimax with your joystick, rudder and pedals. Also asseto corsa.

Guide him to my reviews as I have no lhes & wands. :beers::wink::+1::sparkles:

Ok.
@MrScopi, check @Heliosurge’s reviews, use the advanced search option. :grin::beers:

Psst! Old review directory in banner topic. :beers::smirk::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

Thanks all! I’ll head to those reviews soon.

1 Like

what’s the title? I have the oculus and not the htc. I don’t want to buy anything until version 2 comes out.

Elite dangerous is all you need, keep you going for years :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bring back Wing Commander Privateer! :laughing:

2 Likes

Il2 Battle of Stalingrad / Moscow / Kuban (Best WW2 flight sim)

Assetto Corsa (Very good racing car sim)

My 2 suggestions.

1 Like

Did anyone manage to get THUMPER to work on the Pimax? I love this game on the oculus Go with a gamepad, but my Pimax 8K only shows a grey field.

Skyrim works well with gamepad and Hellblade should work

3 Likes

Whaat, I’m still playing Elite on C64

1 Like

https://www.c64forever.com/editions/

2 Likes

try The Division in 3D on virtual desktop. Its fantastic to walk through snowy NY :))

All driving and flying sims should work ok.

1 Like

Thumper works just fine on my 5K+

2 Likes