Game dying (left, then right eye) after short time

Tested on Quest as I’m not in my country. No haptic feedback when getting hit.

1 Like

Was something done about it by piimax team?

Not that they have advertised. Last pitool optimizing Amazon Customer XP. :laughing:

2 Likes

Reproducible game breaking bug vs amazon priorities man… I’ll be bumping this thread occasionally to try and get this bs fixed.

1 Like

Still haven’t noticed any improvements to my Amazon xp.

2 Likes

I have the same problem on my 8KX on upscale mod… Pimax definitely needs to fix their software…

1 Like

Hey, thanks for that. Did you try without upscaling too? I’m not in my country atm, so can’t test again.
Did you try pimax upscale as well as steamvr upscale?

1 Like

I would say that native 75hz is the more stable, but in sim racing 75hz is too low :confused:

Monthly bump for problem visibility

2 Likes

Hey man, can you please try if the issue is still there? I didn’t quite finish unpacking my stuff on a new place, and I’ve seen they released a new pitool version. Maybe updating drivers will help? I’d check myself, but I might get a chance only in a week or two and thread may go stale if I won’t bump it.

1 Like

So, I wanted to try it, updated pitool. It forced update on firmware and bricked my headset ffs… I made a support ticket, but this is retarded.

So, after pitool update bricked headset and I struggled to make it work for a few days, controllers started acting out and I almost started RMA process for them. I managed to make a test still, and with PiTool 1.0.1.275 and Firmware 2.1.255.273 left eye still turns black BUT headset won’t restart itself, resulting in AT LEAST continuation of gameplay. Still, you have to restart HMD if you want your left eye back. :frowning:

Did several tests, uploaded logs, including logs from a new debug firmware. Several times was asked what was the game. Sevaral times was asked for a video I already provided. They said it’s a bad contact in HMD… but contact is great and it doesn’t disconnect on it’s own, the only time it happens is in the game when you get shot :frowning:
I wonder why support team will not just test it… it’s a reproducible error, what gives…

1 Like

So, after all this time, they told me to send headset at my cost for paid replacement… They didn’t look too much into the issue and didn’t even try to replicate, as I can imagine. Screw this, man…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.