Founder Announcement

:slight_smile:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pimax8kvr/pimax-the-worlds-first-8k-vr-headset/posts/2225752

13 Likes

So, how can I join the closed beta?

You can’t. It’s over. Final manufacturing has started.

4 Likes

Oh man…my body is shaking of happiness. Finally we’ll have our headsets in the next couple of weeks.

2 Likes

So I guess now it’s the time for lifting the NDA ? Very interested about testers experiences!:blush:

3 Likes

Well, at least if you are one of the earlier backers. Unfortunately I am not, so I am curious about expected delivery dates depending on backers number.

1 Like

When they said they moved from 1.0 tracking to 2.0 that means that my old v1 lighthouses from Vive will not work anymore? :frowning:

Ouch, seemed to me that another beta, more massive, is coming. :slight_smile:

hmm. can you tell me where they say you will have headset in next couple of weeks. i feel like you are laying foundations for your next 10 freakouts here.

5 Likes

no dude, thats not how this works.

1 Like

2.0 chip is backward compatible. your old controllers should work

Well, they said and i quote:

There are key parts for 1K sets of headsets ready in the factory already

Means that even next week maybe 1k of headsets will be done and shipped to the first 1000 backers.

No. That’s not happening. They need to tweak the ergonomics for european faces via an attachment, probably a specific face foam variant. That will have to be designed and tooled. No one said anything about shipping presently.

6 Likes

If they’re shipping them to a central warehouse in EU then distributing from there how will backer numbers be relevant re delivery waiting times?

backers numbers also go sideways because anyone who backed just headset is probably getting long before full set people. With that taken account of backer number is only relevant in terms of batch numbers.

[quote=“allocen, post:12, topic:6716, full:true”]

There are key parts for 1K sets of headsets ready in the factory already

Means that even next week maybe 1k of headsets will be done and shipped to the first 1000 backers.[/quote]
This is very good news, but I think you are overly optimistic.

Pimax has said that they will be ramping up production. That means they will start assembling units and testing them. Since this is the start of a new run, they will likely be doing a lot of testing, as part of quality control. These are high tech devices which require tight tolerances. I think, if things go well, during the first MONTH, they will produce a few hundred units, then maybe a thousand the next month, increasing until they reach full volume production.

8 Likes

Where then will the early batches/crate fulls be shipped to , USA , EU , South America ??

im going to say… august 29th 1997

1 Like

No one knows. Pimax has made no comment on that (and honestly, I don’t expect them to do so). Basically, we all need to be a bit more patient, even if it’s hard to contain our excitement. If all goes well, the earliest backers may get their headsets at the end of July (accounting for production and shipping times). I’m in the 3000’s and I hope mine will arrive in September.

3 Likes

My money is on EU lol

1 Like