Fix for VR frame drops and stutters on NVIDIA cards

Just to clarify - they have fixed it, partially as per dmel642 said above. Read it again - they fixed it without hardware monitoring running in the background. They are still working on another fix for when monitoring software is being used.

1 Like

sorry, i just saw this

1 Like

i need 4K Pimax Tech Support pls!

Pimax 4K VR not recording bigscreen environment (movie theater)

Nvidia ShadowPlay recording “SteamVR” worked when i had 4K Pimax HDMI plugged into RTX 3080 with TV HDMI plugged into onboard graphics (motherboard)

However the FPS (frames per second) was only 30 FPS and i need 60 FPS for my youtube channel

So i went to BestBuy and got a DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter

, i have Pimax 4K HDMI plugged directly (no adapter) into RTX 3080 Graphics Card With TV HDMI plugged into RTX 3080 through DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter.

Now when i record with Nvidia ShadowPlay, it only records the “Desktop”, instead of showing
“Theater Environment”. pls i need this for my youtube channel & for myself.

After i removed the Display Port Adapter from TV HDMI & placed the the TV HDMI into Motherboard Onboard Graphics, The Nvidia ShadowPlay recorded “Steam VR” (But only 30 fps again) Main concern (Recording Steam VR 60 fps or higher) above!

it is also stuck on Pi Tool Update Firmware everytime i click. Pimax 4K keeps appearing connected & disconnected every 2-5 mins. i have Pimax 4K, RTX 3080 Graphics Card intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 64Gb RAM 580Gb Optane with 65" 4k TV 240 hz

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.