Pimax Roadshow-First stop: VR Berlin, this weekend!

i also wish we had a good oled panel and lenses in a upcoming headset… i realy miss that…(its a big immersion factor in vr that some people see to forget or never experienced)

Trying the Quest pro yesterday made me realize screen technology really hasn’t progressed at all in that regard. We have light green carpet in our lounge and I can honestly say the greys were lighter than that. I hope the local dimming on the crystal QLED makes a big difference. Otherwise were stuck waiting for micro OLED mass production

1 Like

i think this too…

Well, today’s the day! Finally going to get some real impressions of the Crystal (and portal).

Hopefully we start hearing from people in the next few hours!

4 Likes

Berlin meet started hours ago. Where’s the video?

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s being live streamed. I posted the only pictures I could find so far in another thread here: Roadshow Images, Impressions etc

Well that’s just bullcrap. They can spend months shoveling high-end video productions of pure hype at us and they can’t even put up a live feed of their first meetup? They didn’t have that problem back in the 5K+/8K meetups. Seems to me, they’re doing everything possible to not get holiday sales, while everybody else is making BLACK Friday a month long event and Christmas starts in Oct. Sheesh

1 Like

I don’t think most people would want to be live streamed. Hopefully they will make a video that is edited and uploaded later though!

Don’t go to a new product reveal. There might be coverage. :laughing:

I can say that, personally, if the point on the map in the promo-video is still relevant, which seems to suggest there may at some time be an event in Denmark, that could be close enough to me that I might make the trip, to get to have a try at the 12k, if it is available for tryout by then, but I am bloody well not going if there is the risk of winding up an innocent casualty of camera crossfire. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Only Crystal and Portal units present for the roadshows afaik

Current roadshows, yes.

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha!

1 Like

Not sure what that is but if you’re in hiding best to stay out of sight :rofl:

All those 5K+/8K meetups we had and nobody appeared to get camera shy. same with all the coverage at various CES.
Glad i didn’t get up early for this non-event. At least Sebastion will give up the skinny (details) when they get to his studio.

1 Like

Even in these crazy days, the world has not been evil enough that it deserves the punishment of having my ugly mug inflicted on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am sure Seb will stretch that skinny into a full hour for you. :7

2 Likes

Oof, first impressions on reddit seem rough. Lots of issues, I don’t see the Crystal launching this year tbh

i think pimax needs again alot off excuses and explanation to do to get some off their trust back!But this time its gonne be hard i think…

2 Likes

Umhh, having read the first Berlin impression listing all the issues the Crystal still has I doubt I will be spending my time to go to MRTV, after all it‘s 2x a one hour drive and approx. an hour at MRTV‘s place (though that is generally fun, I was there for an MRTV experience (=comparison of headsets) 2-3 years ago).

I’ll still await to read more reviews as it could have been a particularly unfriendly or unlucky individual - but if it is confirmed: what‘s the point in trying a prototype where half of the features isn‘t working. That would be same same on an almost comical level, after all the announcements of the „new Pimax“ and the flak I took for being sceptical about their bold statements. Let‘s wait for a couple of days and I will decide on short notice.

3 Likes

That’s understandable. If it doesn’t have any of the final features working there’s not much point

1 Like

Hum it’s seems the crystal is not finalized one and a half month before launch? seems premature to show the product in this state.

1 Like