Eye tracking and glasses?

So I was wondering if the eye tracking module is compatible with glasses, does it have any problem tracking the eyes or is it just fine?

2 Likes

@PimaxQuorra is there an update on ET use and glasses and/or prescription inserts?

Happy New Year Skyrimer !

1 Like

Hello,

We will give @7invensun-JC a ping, he’s one of the tech from 7Invensun, he shall be able to give out some advice.

Sincerely.

Thanks for the reply, I hope they share some advice, and happy new year to you and @Heliosurge!

1 Like

No don’t work with glass… and work bad also without glass … is not a good product.

For those who intended to buy it can you explain plz?

1 Like

Can you explain this a bit more?

1 Like

1 - I have 8K X, and Eye Tracking has a USB-C port on the forehead and … that I see 8K X no longer has the USB-C port Above !!! (Pimax but what are you doing?) And you have to connect it with an external cable to the USB-C port below
2 - Again with 8K X, to pass 2 cables of the EyeTracking lenses I had to CUT part of the Deluxe mask of 8K X - AND PIMAX again BUT WHAT THE HELL DO YOU DO?
3 - To install the Eye T lenses there are metal lens profiles with a glue to stick directly on the lenses of the viewer! I noticed that in 5 minutes of use, just while trying to calibrate with the software, these START TO DETACH!
4 - Eye T’s lenses then magnetically attach themselves to these metal profiles and … often detach themselves! They hold little
5 - With my glasses (and they are quite wide) Eye T. does not see the movements of my pupils! (A warning no PIMAX? EH … You all see us well in your factories huh?)
6 - Almost absent instructions! How are they used? What do I have to do?
7 - Even taking off my glasses, I notice that they bother me a little, and that the tracking is not so fast, what do I try to do on a game? If they answer a little late … they are useless!

And now, BUT IF I BUY a € 1700 item to get it to EUROPE, PIMAX WHAT DO YOU DO? So, other methods came to me to attach those lenses that Pimax could do! An 8K X couldn’t have been BETTER SET UP! And what the PIMAX CABBAGE, I PAY FULL PRICE, I am NOT YOUR LABORATORY ANIMAL, who has to see how something works?

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.

Hello,

I’m sorry that you had the unsatisfied experience with us, I do understand the headset or accessories might provide less enjoyable moment. Thank you so much for the feedback, I do appreciate it. I will forward your issues to our team, hoping they can figure out something to it.

Regarding the Eye Tracking, I will give @JC-7Invensun a ping, and could you please log a ticket and give it to me via PM , the technician will contact with you.

Once again, we are so sorry for the inconvenince.

Sincerely.

1 Like

bumb , is this eye tracking working for 8kx ? i have 2 sets eye tracking collection dust.

do i need a seperate cable to the pc ?

You can use your eye tracking module with the 8KX.

If you run the cable directly to the 8KX port on the bottom and are running pitool 269 you get 100Hz ET refresh (this is the new update from today btw). You can also run the cable directly to your usb 3 port on your PC and get it up to 118Hz refresh. Once fully installed and calibrated you can enable DFR in Pitools.

1 Like

nice great :grinning:

Do you get artifacts in the side view when you use eyetracking. like when you have only dfr enabled. i get that in ACC.

That’s great news Kevin :+1:
But as the OP stated, how do we mount glasses to the EyeTracking ? this is a big part of why I ordered the EyeTracking module.

2 Likes

the module is also useless after the update and has no problems tracking eye movement. but where the point ends up is more of a coincidence. no accuracy in my tests. you should maybe supply the right eyes and head shape for this too. the calibration is more of a functional test. nothing is calibrated. I have to bring my eyes into a defined area so that the device registers something. what happens to the optics doesn’t matter. you know it’s no good and shouldn’t have been on the market like this. Best regards

same here , 2 pcs og eyetracking. tried the eyetracking yesterday and i can se artifacts in the picture when you move your eye, but for me is it useless in ACC, no performance gain.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.