Don't we have a PITool Update this Friday (December 13th)? [UPDATE: released]

If i recall correctly isn’t their a scheduled update for December 13th 2019.

Anyone have an idea of what to expect? or some hypothetical wish list items?

4 Likes

Yes. Let’s hope there’s no delays.
The new pitool should have a better compatibility with AMD gpus.

3 Likes

From here: https://community.openmr.ai/t/december-2019-updates/24154?u=mrscopi

10 Likes

Releasing a software update on Friday. #justPimaxThings

1 Like

ah thanks, last I looked at it there were no update notes.

I’d be lieing if I didn’t expect a delay :smiley:

2 Likes

If it’s released on a such an ill fated date, I’ll skip this PiTool version. :wink:

5 Likes

It has been named as a “Crystal lake edition” by helio

3 Likes

Born on the 13th, so I’ll let You know how it goes… :smiley:

6 Likes

Will we be getting a FW update to fix the warping while in the 120hz mode?
the M248 beta that we got that fixed backlight in 120hz mode is causing this issue now.

Ever since that update, there is now warping of objects and buildings when i tilt my head back and fourth. i was sitting in Vrchat, and noticed the walls would not stay still but where moving when i was moving my head side to side(should to shoulder).

It’s been a month since i posted the issue, and nothing on it…

2 Likes

Will the revision 5K+ headsets be compatible?

248 turnt them into a brick.

2 Likes

Hoping this upcoming new Pitool version would fix the reported stutter problems (reintroduced in versions .180 and .197) and enable 120Hz for 5K+ headsets with S/N starting 202, but not holding my breath…

7 Likes

6 Likes

wasn’t that the code name for the quest?

Hahahah! Such a funny guy he’s! I’ve really doubts we’ll see any updates on 13th of December… Let’s wait!

1 Like

I’m really hoping Stormland is one of them because I can’t wait to see it in wide FOV!!! -)

1 Like

I have been playing it on the rift s and It’s fun . The fov of the oculus s is taking some getting used to . It’s feels a bit smaller than I remember . I’d much rather play it on the 5k+ except I sold it . I still hope Pimax get it working soon .

5 Likes

A great opportunity for Pimax to show that they keep its promises. I really look forward to seeing it tomorrow with improvements.

3 Likes

Yeah I have been playing it with the Rift S off and on since I first got the opportunity to try it when Oculus flew me out to OC5 and again when they brought me to Pax East last year… needless to say I can’t wait to see it in a proper wide FOV headset and will now most likely wait to play it in one of the new 8K models… maybe I can get the Pimax team to let me try to fire it up in the 8Kx when I am out there working with them at CES… More to come on that soon! [;]-)

2 Likes

So where is the update? @Matthew.Xu

1 Like