Don't buy from Aliexpress using EMS postage

We really do need to know if these guys RYKKZ are legit - if not they could be doing a lot of damage to Pimax. So please can someone from Pimax confirm @PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra

1 Like

i ordered here two times,the pimax 8kplus and the pimax artisan… everything was okay.
Also i had great and fast support on the chat…

2 Likes

I got mine ( Artisan )from them Monday May 4th 2020 with a free silicon sleeve as a gift. Order placed April 22th. Shipped with UPS.

I placed another order on April 4th for some accessories for my 5K+. ( 15mm foam, silicone sleeve, new cable ) She tried to ship twice with aliexpress shipping without succes, she then shipped a third time with UPS at a 1-2 days interval from my Artisan order and the package is stuck into the UPS network.

They are great seller but everything is coucou right now with the Covid. It is just a matter of chance . Some package go thru just fine and other don’t. The ladie answered all my questions at any time of the day and very fast. 10 times faster communication from them then official Pimax staff. I ordered a 5K+ and 8K+ from Pimax so I know how slow they are. I also placed an order with Pimax for a replacement lens 2-3 weeks ago and nothing has been ship yet.

2 Likes

Ok so at least they’re not outright scammers. But I’m still wondering why Fedex tells me they haven’t received the package, while the seller claims they’ve handed it over…

Guess I’ll wait a few days then

That’s good news - thanks guys. I’ve changed the title to ‘using EMS’ as I think that’s where to main problem is.

Is it possible that your package is ready for pickup at the seller warehouse for the transporter but it is probably still not in their hands.

Seller replied, they insist it was handed over to Fedex and that it just takes long because of the virus situation. Going to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait a couple of days more but I have this feeling this is going to become a never ending story

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this seller is just lying. First of all, Fedex says so, they say they have NOT received the package yet, seller has just created the barcode. Secondly I had this happen with another seller in the USA, they sent me a fedex tracking for my preordered Samsung phone, 2 weeks before release date. Same status, so I knew it was simply impossible that they had handed over the package (since Samsung was still 2 weeks away from releasing the phone). Either way, that USA seller also didn’t claim he had shipped already.

It’s just a fedex thing, a shipper can create a barcode before handing over the package. Once the seller hands over the package, the status changes in the system.

So, be very careful with this seller. It seems they’re just abusing the whole virus situation to make it seem that they shipped already

Well if they are a big seller, they usually would have pre paid labels already, so all they have to do is give you the tracking for the label but never had fed ex pick up dropped it off. Still a shady way to do business, if fed ex says they never scanned it, i’d believe them. That store should just be up front and say sorry we haven’t shipped it yet. I was going to buy the 8k+ from them as well but luckily waited and found someone selling on ebay that is in my country. Should have it within the week.

1 Like

I’ve got the status of the order and I’m getting the following:

Picked up,Package received after FedEx cutoff

2020-05-09 20:29:00 [CN,SHANGHAI,200336]

Left FedEx origin facility

2020-05-09 17:51:00 [CN,SHANGHAI,200336]

Shipment information sent to FedEx

2020-05-06 15:37:25

1 Like

Cool! I only have:

Monday , 5/04/2020 6:17 am Shipment information sent to FedEx

But my package is going via Miami (I guess) and China/USA are fighting quite a cold war right now, maybe that’s the reason for the delay then. I’m guessing your package isn’t going to the USA?

Is your package still in Shanghai? Mine still hasn’t got any updates. Damn, this is frustrating, 7 days without having moved now.

1 Like

Ok, at least an update. After contacting the seller again, she told me that Fedex ‘changed the tracking number’. The new tracking number shows it’s still in Shanghai, but at least there’s activity now:

• Sunday , 5/10/2020 11:00 pm SHANGHAI CN

At local FedEx facility

• 6:46 pm SHANGHAI CN
    In transit

• 6:46 pm SHANGHAI CN

International shipment release - Export

• Saturday , 5/09/2020 8:29 pm SHANGHAI CN

Picked up

Package received after FedEx cutoff

• 8:29 pm SHANGHAI CN

Left FedEx origin facility

• Wednesday , 5/06/2020 2:37 am

Shipment information sent to FedEx

Happy, because I was honestly about to cancel it

2 Likes

My original purchase apparently is still sitting in Shanghai and has been there for over a month now - this was purchased using EMS postage though. I seem to have been granted a refund for it (although haven’t actually received that yet) and ordered another this time using DHL postage (which I assume will end up being FedEx) but this hasn’t been shipped yet!

If the original does actually turn up (a have a good feeling it won’t though as a month in one place with supposed express delivery smells funny to me even now) I’ve said I’ll either send it back or sell it and give them the proceeds which I will do (which I expect will be close to the new value given how hard they seem to be to get hold of).

2 Likes

Yeah that’s probably the way to go.

For what it’s worth, I’m getting (much) more positive about this Seller. She always replies quickly and it does seem that the fedex situation in China is really beyond their control

1 Like

Or they simply did not hand the package over to Fedex on time, and had to issue a new tracking number? I have no idea, just speculating, but I see no reason why Fedex would, once having the package in its hands, change the tracking number?

4 Likes

Yeah that crossed my mind. Then again, it does seem it’s a mess currently in China with cargo operations:China’s New Coronavirus Policies Disrupt U.S. Air Cargo Operations - WSJ so who knows …

3 Likes

And as more proof how messed things are up right now within the cargo supply chains:

It’s just moving around within Fedex Shanghai for a week already now. Then again, if I understand it correctly, shipper created this label on wednesday and was picked up by fedex on saturday. Still it takes way longer than normal

1 Like

Actually, to me it’s quite obvious that @risa2000 was right above. They first created a shipping label but never had it shipped. Then they created a new one, on last wednesday. Then, as you can see, Fedex picked it up on Saturday.

So although this seller is quite responsive and at least seems to deliver in the end, they do seem to lie to their buyers. Which I hate, just tell me what’s really going on instead of feeding BS.

1 Like

Wait for my update, I’ve got some really strange stuff going on - at least I think - but I’m not sure yet of the facts so I’ll hang on before I update. As you say, they are certainly responsive and I think the product will get there in the end but my god what is going on with postage. As I say, I want to get my facts straight first but I’m in a bit of disbelief at the moment - and this is the second time around after the first pack went to that place parcels go to die, the Shanghai sorting office!!

1 Like