Does the Pimax have 'chassis intrusion detection'

It does both. It reads the LTR via the i2c bus indeed and it reads a GPIO. Maybe there’s more to it than just the LTR ?

1 Like

Yeah I just confirmed, it reads the light sensor and if it’s not ‘dark’, then it’s going to write that to EEPROM and I THINK it’s going to flash the LED, but I’m not sure about that yet.

But there also seems to be more than just that light sensor, although I’m also not sure on that yet.

1 Like

I’m going to guess that the light sensor is for detecting ‘take-apart’ when the headset is plugged in and the GPIO is linked to a switch/button that somehow gets permanently pressed/released when you unscrew something, regardless of whether the unit is powered.
Why the hell would they go to all that trouble though?

1 Like

BTW, I did some more research. I’m sure it uses the light sensor (via the i2c bus indeed). But I’m now doubting I was right about the GPIO. I’ve found the routine that reads GPIO’s and it doesn’t seem to be used in the intrusion detection.

I’d say, as long as you don’t connect the pimax while you’ve opened it, you should be fine. But I can’t guarantee it of course.

1 Like