DLSS 2.1 on the 8k X

It’s a bit more complicated than that. It’s not a simple call to switch on the feature. The game engine must provide the motion vectors from the scene to nVidia’s API. It seems likely that a lot of current games won’t be upgraded to support this feature.

See the “DLSS 2.0 - Under the Hood” section for details…

4 Likes

you will be happy to see this

Low fi prepping for DLSS in VR.

edit just realized @quanentanglement posted this already.( I dont know why i start at the bottom and scroll up)

7 Likes

DLSS 2.1 support for VR could be really game changing.

3 Likes

you had to go and remind me that MW5 doesn’t have VR.

1 Like

We need to put up a list that’ll list supported games.

1 Like

It could. But it is also possible that the upscale artifacts will become too obvious in VR while acceptable on monitor. It seems like the most realistic option to get higher res viable though (enough raw power increase or good DFR seem less likely to happen soon).

I think it would be better then you think.

Dlss has been known to make 1080p look better than 4k

even if there were a few artifacts i would take a few of those at a stable 75 vs erratic 50’s

1 Like

The latest version is a ton better for artifacts. Version one wasn’t even really useable on a monitor, or wasn’t worth it, but the new one looks really good.

1 Like

I sort of doubt it. DLSS 2.0 looks really good in terms of artifacting.

1 Like

It’s a beta feature you’ve got to sign up for so I think so Nvidia might get mad and come after the modder.

That may be the first update I ever received on that kickstarter. I wish more creators would keep their dissemination of information at the source, rather than expecting you to follow them elsewhere. :7

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.