Distortion poll

a) 5k+ 203 but had a 202 initially

b) I get obvious distortions on the side with Large FOV, at normal FOV I have to look for them and try to notice them, on small FOV I don’t have any.

c) I only see what I’d call blurring on large FOV and if I try to focus on the far sides.

d) Doctor office measured IPD of 61.5, but I set every headset (not just Pimax) to 64 and learned that before I got my Pimax even. I am suspect of the doctors office measurements and I will be asking them to be extra precise on my next eye examination.

e) Not sure, I don’t feel I have abnormally deep eye sockets or anything.

f) I am using a leather padding that I picked up off of Amazon that was meant for a Vive, the stock Pimax padding worked fine for me but I wanted something that was more easily wipe downable.

g) Yes.

h) I use a DAS, which I think makes all fitment issues very different than the strap. No one with a Pimax should settle for a strap.

3 Likes

a) Model of Headset

5K+ (203)

b) do you get a lot of barrel distortion (warping)?

A little but I’ve learned after a year to ignore it. No distortion on my Oculus Quest, so I’m aware when I switch.

c) do you get a lot of blurring? If so from what fov onwards?

When HMD is in sweet spot it’s more or less uniformaly clear

d) what is your IPD (please specify if you know your actual IPD, as the Pimax headset measurements may be offset and therefore not accurate)

64mm

e) do you have inset eyes or are they more or less level with your forehead?

more or less level

f) are you using thick or thin padding?

original foam that came with it

g)do you wear glasses?

Yes, but not needed when in HMD

2 Likes

8K with standard foam.
IPD set at about the middle. I wind the adjuster all the way in, or out and it makes no difference.
No noticable distortion anywhere.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.