Delivering the Index update package to countries where Valve does not deliver

Really? Valve can restrict Pimax, to whom should they sell? It’s like a joke, sorry :wink:

But is it okay that Index kits come to Russia in rather large quantities, and many VR enthusiasts already have them?

I see no reason for Valve to limit the index in Russia, because Russia and Valve have always lived peacefully with each other, for Russia on Steam there are always regional prices for games.

But still, Valve will not even be able to know exactly to whom Pimax will send Index packets, because there are a large number of countries, you cannot track all shipments in any case.

Well, Pimax does not have to provide them with reports on the sending of several packages to Russia. I believe this is easy to get around, even if it is :ok_hand: :yum: :beers:

Don’t get me wrong I’m not defending Valves actions. Just pointing out no one who gets these items from pimax have a Valve warranty and speculating on possible terms of sale given to pimax. Yeah it sucks that Valve are being restrictive.

2 Likes

Yes, Valve looks rather strange in fact, if so restricting.
But I hope Pimax comes up with something :beers:

That is interesting. I wonder if it’s a miscommunication within Valve? As it seems pimax is under the understanding Valve will honor Warranty. Now maybe the Valve Marketing director is maybe mixing Index Controllers with LHes?

@PimaxQuorra @Konger

1 Like

My bad, he did say this in the context of controllers not base stations. I had contacted them to see if I would be able to buy direct from Valve in near future being in Aus and if not and I bought them from pimax instead would I have a warranty being in Australia.
Reply was any controllers bought via pimax is between the customer and pimax, there’s no Valve warranty. However the Steam help desk will be happy to help troubleshoot problems still.
I’m waiting to buy direct from Valve.

2 Likes

Well will need to wait and see what pimax says as not sure if they are aware of this possible detail.

Thanks Flinnt. As I recall depending on issue pimax or valve would handle it as I recall.

2 Likes

Sounds like a pretty standard kind of situatuation: The end customer’s warranty claim is with the vendor they bought from - in this case Pimax, and Pimax’s subsequently passed-on claim, with their supplier, which would be Valve.

3 Likes

Yeah have seen that kind of deal often.

@PimaxQuorra, if you have not yet found a solution for sending the Index package to the Russian Federation, then I have one good thought :wink:

In general, I have an address in the USA in Delaware, to which I usually send all purchases from Amazon, Newegg, Ebay, etc., and then the forwarder sends them home to Russia for an additional payment.

Yes, in this case I will have to pay an additional fee from the USA to Russia.
So if there are no other options, then we can use this method.

It will look as if you sent to a buyer from the USA :ok_hand: (In fact, it will be so)

What do you think? :beers:

1 Like

China -> USA -> Russia … I think it’s too hard and expensive (need to cross ocean twice, while we are neighbors)… And not all have that opportunity.
Pimax just need to find a way to send their Bundle with Valve Controllers + Base stations to any country (even if it send sepparately).

1 Like

Hello Petrokl,

We do know our users are from all over the world,covering different regions.
But we are not capable to deliver it to any region that we want, as we still need approval from the Valve.
It isn’t simple as we get the product from Valve and sell it to everywhere, there are certain terms and conditions tho. But we are finding a way on this matter.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

@PimaxQuorra, you don’t know why the Pimax store on AliExpress sells Index controllers and stations with delivery to Russia?

https://aliexpress.com/item/4000588952956.html

Also, almost all Pimax headsets are sold there, including there is even a new Artisan, sold there in the amount of 8 pieces.

https://aliexpress.com/item/4000177796124.html

Can you give the answer, is it an official Pimax store or a fake?

I asked this question already once, but nobody did not say anything, which can be perceived as agreement that this is a secret Pimax store that everyone is silent about for some reason.

If this store is a fake, then you can save many potential buyers from losing money and the frustrations of buying a Pimax headset. As far as I know, some take this store seriously and think about buying Pimax there.

Give an official answer, please.

Are you sure about the shipping?

1 Like

You can’t order from “Australia” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, thanks, I didn’t have time to read below, having seen active delivery to the Russian Federation :grin:

However, is this store fake? The question is open :roll_eyes:
If he is fake, this is a threat to the pockets of potential buyers of Pimax products.

Afaik it’s not fake.
Thanks for pointing this out, there’s also something else (besides the shipping to RU) that meets the eye.

Well, it will be great that I can order all kinds of accessories there in the future :beers:

Hopefully Pimax will make an official announcement about this store. It is not even on the Pimax website, aliexpress is not listed there (and PimaxUsa once said that this is not their store).

They’re an official distributor. Even though you got the shipping price calculated doesn’t mean they’ll sell the products that are not available to certain countries.

2 Likes

Well, only Index controllers and stations are not available for Russia.

I mean other accessories.
Perhaps I will buy Deluxe headphones for my 8KX, a spare face pad, cables, a comfortable kit, etc :beers:

2 Likes

Hello @Century @TrevorVR

Sorry for the late reply.
Thank you for pointing out this store. We will find out the truth and clarify anything.
We will give an official answer soon. As we did forward this store URL to the team, to check whether is someone running this store behalf on our company or individuals.

Thank you so much for the news!

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes