Deleted because It's going back

Deleted because It’s going back

1 Like

Mine arrived from Gearbest in a box that had literally been turned inside out and put back together with tape. I’m not kidding. And that wouldn’t be so bad if the product inside didn’t provide the worst optical experience I’ve encountered in any VR headset, ever. No matter what I do with the IPD, everything is blurry. And what’s even more ridiculous is that my prescription glasses make things worse, and there’s nothing wrong with my prescription. And nobody around here seems to be providing any real help, or even offering any explanations.

1 Like

Hi!
Have you try the newest Piplay version? And which mode r u in? Direct mode or Extend mode? If you can not solve this problem, please add our skype: support@pimaxvr.com

Hi, what is your problem please? If you can not solve this problem, please add our skype: support@pimaxvr.com

I don’t want to hijack the OPs thread, but the problem I am having is the same problem that almost everyone is having: everything is always blurry. It doesn’t matter how I adjust the IPD, or how I wear the headset, it’s just never clear. In fact my prescription glasses make it worse.

Your specs say that your headset somehow “auto adapts” to correct for up to -500° myopia, but it’s not working. And how is it even supposed to work? Do the lenses physically self-adjust somehow? It doesn’t look like they even can. Understanding the mechanism might help with troubleshooting, but no-one has explained it. In fact there are rumours going around on your forums that the optical problems might be able to be fixed with a firmware update, but I don’t see how that’s possible. So many problems, so little information, and no hope offered.

So let me just ask you a direct question: how do the optics “auto adapt”. Seriously, HOW?. Can you answer that? And can these problems that so many people are experiencing with the optics be fixed?

2 Likes

Deleted because It’s going back

1 Like

The same here, mine had the seal broken and the plastic cover mis aligned which seem like some one had it teared down. That’s beside the aweful buggy sw which I was ready to bear with then I got the final knockout from the blurry lenses

Sent a request for RMA and might create a case with PayPal. Stay away!!

1 Like

The Gearbest PIMAX product page says:

“Focus Adjustment: Yes”

There’s some ammunition for you.

2 Likes

I still believe the problem with blurriness can be fixed just by FW. It seems to be problem of SW. The way how the final 3D picture is calculated on screen of headset is different to usual 2D tv screen. Just look at any 2D picture in headset. It’s sharp in center. 3D scene needs to calculate focus of virtual space and transform it to 2D screen. This is where Pimax developers failed. I can imagine any manual myopia settings can be easy way how to fix it. But auto adapt? It is sci-fi. If it uses just distance sensor to calculate myopia, I cannot imagine it will ever work.

You can’t fix blurry/improperly focused optics by adjusting the way you render to the display.

There is only one thing that improved the focus for me, and that was the use of reading glasses. But I don’t normally need reading glasses. No-one does in VR, since the lenses that are used in VR headsets allow our eyes to focus on the image as if it is at a more typical distance from us. That’s why myopia and presbyopia can come into play, and why prescription glasses that correct for such problems should work, just like they do in every other VR headset. But as so many of us have seen, our prescription glasses tend to make things worse, and there are countless people with otherwise perfect vision who find the PIMAX 4K blurry as well.

Again, the optics are the problem. And they are fixed. So what can a firmware update possibly do?

1 Like