DCS (Steam), Pimax and Performance/Visual Gains 2022 (Tips, Tricks, and other stuff like OPEN XR )

@mbucchia is working on it. Apparently all he needs is the name of the string for index controllers as he says it should work for others already…and It’s PimaxXR vs. OpenXR Toolkit that I’m talking about, but given that he created both!

1 Like

The Vive controllers are the only ones I have and they work today per my testing.
Index controllers support is here but needs debugging (but I don’t have these controllers).

The controller support is still very experimental, I have a To-do with a list of bugs to fix.

3 Likes

Can someone with Index controller contribute a trace? Preferably MSFS2020. This should be enough to get strings from PVR for the Index controller.

3 Likes

OH nevermind that! Turns our @DJSlanr did provide a trace and I finally had a chance to look at it. The issue for Index controller is obvious now!!

The Vive controller string is vive_controller in PVR (Pimax SDK) and also vive_controller in SteamVR.
The Index controller string is index_controller in SteamVR… So I had guessed that it would be that in PVR as well. But DJSlanr trace is showing the issue:

They called it knuckles instead!

So it should be a simple matter of replacing index_controller with knuckles in my code to make it work! :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Can anyone test that I’m not crazy: Motion smoothing has been miscalculated since version .271 I think?
https://community.openmr.ai/t/something-went-wrong-with-pitool-on-version-271-and-forward-a-simple-mismatch-of-motion-smoothing-thresholds/38940

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.