Crystal Videos From the Test Group

We‘ve send some Crystal to the Chinese Test Group;Here are some videos!

Update:
An Review of Crystal

12 Likes

Jesus. The contrast ratio in the first video pops out immediately vs the Varjo Aero in the Crystal’s favor, like it’s not even close even on video.

Nice to get some more TTL footage.

3 Likes

How do you view this without the Bilibili app?
That app appears to mine ALL your data from your iPhone.

1 Like

Use a PC instead? waterfox/LibreFox and uBlock origin for example works for me… but maybe old-fashioned.

thanks for sharing

1 Like

Oh, yeah. So when might the English team be getting their units hrrm? :eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

Yes @hammerhead_gal ,we like to know please,more english talking people over here instead of chinese :wink:

2 Likes

Word up! Can’t understand a single thing that that Chinese guy is saying. Can’t wait till you get your hands on it @john2910

Blacks look great! Contrast a bit oversaturated but it seems it will still look way better than the Aero when you turn it down a bit. Aero’s colors are quite bleak in general. The big question is though how local dimming affects the motion blur.

1 Like

The image quality in the last TTL video is really impressive. Even in the video you can tell that the image is really crisp and the colors pop nicely. Really good looking image.

1 Like

Did you manage to set it higher than 480P? I tried to but it seems you need an account to do that. Hard to get details at 480P.

2 Likes

Let google translate the page from Chinese, turn captions ON…it will be not perfect translation but good enough to understand what he is talking about. His final thoughts - exceeded his expectations.

5 Likes

IT worked on my PC- thanks. Tough to tell how good it really is, but it looks encouraging. I’m looking forward to getting started on the beta here!

Exactly this. I wish they’d upload a higher resolution vid, really difficult to judge a 480p video.

1 Like

But, i saw in the unboxing video that is wearing 3 in 1 cable, which is not that Pimax said. With 3 in 1 cable, battery is needed to be used on PC mode. What happend? Is this the final cable?

2 Likes

Yes confusing. Is PCVR now reliant on battery power as if it’s a stand-alone?

I don’t think this is a big problem. The battery is there to balance the weight. In PCVR mode, when you are not using the headset, the USB port will recharge the battery; when you are using it, the battery will help providing power additional to the 3 in 1 cable. The power drain should be very slow.

I think having the battery draining slightly is not unusual when doing PCVR? I think the Quest 2 battery still drains slowly even when it has a wired usb connection to a PC. I bet Pico does too.

3 Likes

when the battery of the pico4 comes to an end, I plug in the cable and continue playing. if the pico is charged while playing and the battery is full, I disconnect the cable and I continue playing. this is how the device was conceived.

2 Likes

Seems like Crystal is reversed to the Pico as it was said at CES the battery always needs to be plugged in and was drained after 4hours. I guess then you have to swap batteries to continue playing.

1 Like