Controller update

This was how I perceived the update as well. I would very much like to hear what’s going on with the thumbstick version.

1 Like

Or maybe it suggests that backers who chose Sword now all get finger tracking which is a new add to the design. As for Sense, I wouldn’t make any assumptions based on what Pimax doesn’t say. Not after all this time. :upside_down_face:

Not new prior to them saying sword was going to be Non Sense. Both versions were going to have sense. However they then said they needed to make a Non Sense version so they could have a full package available for sale.

We know that never happened after they were able to get Index Controllers through Valve.

Marcin mentioned he was testing a hybrid Sword that had Sense so they could test elements of both. Now there releasing Sword in the original KS & Pre Order version with Sense.

So the Question becomes how long before Sword Stick controllers release with Sense as advertised many times.

I backed both Flavors and am happy that like the Kdmas they seem to be honoring KS elements. We just need to know how long before Stick is available; otherwise pimax will not look good at all between Backers and pre orders that have stuck by pimax for the controllers.

Especially since a fair number wanted Stick; it was close to 50/50 during Kickstarter. Now likely weighs heavier to stick preference.

@PimaxVR @PimaxQuorra please confirm Sword Sense Stick Controller release eta.

2 Likes

I did type Sense (capital S) so as to mean the Pimax model. The differentiator from Sword was less haptics (IFT) but yes both proximity sensing iirc
As of now, they could just call them Sense Pad and Sense Stick. If that makes any sense :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello Axacuatl,

Thank you for commenting and putting question on Sword Sense.

As we knew, there was a survey during the KS campaign, on which controller is preferable.
But for the meantime, we are focusing on the Sword (Thumbpad) version, before we proceed with the Joystick.
We will retrieve more information towards the Joystick version from the Product Team.
It would be great if we can share something before this week ends.

Regards.

4 Likes

@PimaxQuorra thank you for the update.

Will there be a new survey sent out to get an update on which version the backers would like to receive? There have been many changes since the last survey was sent out, such as estimated timelines, designs, etc…

1 Like

Thanks for the response @PimaxQuorra.

It was just the way the controller update was written: it simply stated that the backers, who had not chosen to upgrade to Index controllers, would now receive the Sword controller. Hence my question.

Please let us know once the product team has responded; in particular, if the version with thumbstick definitely still is on the road map or merely is being considered to be added to it again, which may or may not happen.

2 Likes

Any updates on the sword sense controllers?

3 Likes

Yeah Index controllers are useless I sent through 3 pairs …rubbish

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.