Can't select 8KX with DMAS on website [WORKAROUND SOLUTION]

It doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried with Chromium, Firefox, and Vivaldi, but selecting the DMAS option keeps it on the SMAS. I’m unable to add the 8KX + DMAS to my cart. Is something wrong with the website?

2 Likes

It does sound like there’s a problem with the store. (There have been other issues in the past.)

I originally ordered the 8KX with standard MAS, but later changed my mind and contacted Support. They have a procedure to upgrade to the DMAS.

It works if you use this link:

It turns out the site page was adding the standard variant id to cart instead of the deluxe id. This is a temporary workaround. Pimax needs to fix their site.

3 Likes

Like not shipping the 8k X? :wink:

3 Likes

That’s a whole separate issue. :anguished: Personally, I expected delays.

I meant things like incorrectly calculated taxes.

2 Likes

The next few weeks will be interesting . Let’s see how fast they can speed up 8kx production and how long it takes them to ship it to backers and preorder customer’s.

9 Likes

I agree. I’m really looking forward to getting my 8KX, but I don’t expect it for a few months right now. My 8K has mostly been idle this last month or so. I finished a long exploration voyage in Elite D (over a year) and am taking a break. I’m sure my 8KX will lure me back into ED.

In the meantime, I’ve watched “1917” in VR (great movie, highly recommended), but that’s about it. Currently, I’m playing Borderlands 3 on my flat screen. I tried it with VorpX, but wasn’t happy with the overall experience.

2 Likes

still got the problem , cant select the better version :open_mouth:

Did you try the link I posted? Pimax still needs to fix this issue on their website.

1 Like

It shows 1399$ so I assume its the Deluxe Modular Audio Strap Version, right ? :slight_smile:

I wonder how long would it take if I order one now ? Would I get it this year ^^ ?

2 Likes

I would hope you get it this year, but Pimax is known for its delays. I’m hoping mine will show up some time this summer.

1 Like

3 Likes

Allright thanks :+1:
It Shows the same now :slight_smile:

1 Like

@PimaxQuorra This still seems to be an issue on the website. The DMAS version of the 8KX does not appear to be selectable without using the workaround by dmel642 in post #3.

Hello Castelunan,

We gonna ask the web developer to resolve this bug.
Please spare us a minute.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.