Can't connect to my 5K+

Just got my 5K+, but when i try to connect it to my PC, PiTool just says “diagnose(10500)” and tells me that both the USB and DisplayPort are disconnected, I’ve tried switching the ports, restarting, manually flashing the firmware, restarting the headset with the power button, restarting the headset by cutting power, restarting PiTool, restarting PiServiceLauncher in Task Manager, and so far nothing’s changed.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this?

1 Like

What are your PC specs?

1 Like

Ryzen 5 26000 with an RX 580, and 16 GBs of RAM, now i know this is pretty under powered for VR, but i’m going to upgrade soon, i wasn’t aware that specs mattered in order to just detect my headset though?

1 Like

There you go. @Heliosurge can you guide him.

2 Likes

Anyway @Void I think the gpu is the the problem.

1 Like

How so?
Does this mean i need to get a different GPU for it to work? Or is there a way to fix this?

Yes, AMD gpus have problem with the pimax headset.
@Heliosurge will have better knowledge about this.

2 Likes

Hi Void. Welcome to Pimax Forums.

Your pc setup looks pretty good. It is true as @trevorvr said Amd Gpu support is still being worked on. However the Rx580 gpu there are a few users who have this working

Have you tried other usb ports? In my ecperience Blue or Red Usb ports usually worl best (typically these are usb 3.0 or 3.1 ports)

Avoid using front case usb ports.

Can you post your Motherboard info?

@enopho reccommends ensuring your Bios & Motherboard drivers are installed from Motherboard site as Windows 10 often installs generic drivers which may not work correctly.

1 Like

Nvidia gpu support is much stronger atm but Amd & Pimax are working in this.

1 Like

So don’t count on Amd support in the near future…

I’ve tried most of the ports on my computer, it’s currently plugged into a blue USB port and it’s still not doing anything
My motherboard is “Asus PRIME B450-PLUS”

1 Like

In Pitool click on Help Tab & click Diagnose. Post Screenshot. As it might not have installed fully.

Also check cable seating on the headset as it may have come loose; even if it seems tight. Sometimes removing cable at headset side & replugging it may work.

Will look up your motherboard in a bit. But if you have a usb add on card try giving that a try. Also if you have available to try another pc even if lower spec can be a good test.

Might be an idea to start a support ticket.

2 Likes

That’s difficult to say. It just depends how big the issue is to what all needs to be done to correct it.

2 Likes

(This is with the headset plugged in.)

1 Like

Sounds like will need to setup a support ticket.

Just to confirm with wall 12v Adapter plugged in to pc what color is the headset led?

If red try pressing & holding for a couple of seconds.

1 Like

Hi, I own a Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX580 8Gb OC, I was experiencing issues for HMD to be recognized too.
First, of course be sure to have latest AMD drivers. Then I finally use first DP port on right on GC. For HMD to be recognized I tried different USB ports and I finally succeeded.
Now when I have issue for HMD to be recognize, I don’t change DP port nor USB port, just restart service or HMD itself and it works.
Hope it helps!

2 Likes