Can't change SteamVR Settings in Experience

Any idea? ( see screenshot )

1 Like

Did you explore the potential reasons?

Yes, i mean, i have a normal user account control, Steam is normal installed on “C” ( Experience knows, where is it ) and i have no special antivirus software. I use only win10.

1 Like

Not sure it could be Steam has changed something. With no further updates to PE; would need others whom are using PE to comment.

Maybe @SweViver might have some ideas as it was his project originally.

1 Like

Could you first check the config file manually in notepad and see if they contain any errors or missing fields? This error could be caused by a corrupt config file.

The location of the config file is in one of the two folders:
a. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\resources\settings\default.vrsettings

or

b. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config\steamvr.vrsettings

Worst case, you can try o move away both files to a temporary directory and then try starting SteamVR so it creates a new config file. Then close SteamVR, open PE and check if the issue is gone.

3 Likes

Hi, and many thanks! I deleted the file and it seems to be working reasonably well now. The changes are saved - only when I press the “Apply profile” button do I sometimes still get the error message. But as I said: It works the way I want it to and that’s enough for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.