Buying a 2080ti maybe wait a while

no comment

5 Likes

Certainly worrying. Even RMA cards are not been replaced due to stock shortages!

2 Likes

According to the latest info I’ve seen, this is primarily affecting the nVidia branded cards, not 3rd party cards. 2080 non-Ti cards are apparently not affected. The issue may be related to the GDDR6 memory running too hot, as determined on Tom’s hardware.

This is from a secondary news source, which I haven’t verified, so if this matters to you, I recommend doing a little research before buying a new 2080Ti card.

3 Likes

The biggest fuck up since Samsung’s exploding phones. What an absolute joke.

2 Likes

I just got a 2080 ti yesterday, Zotac amp model. We will see how it holds up fingers and toes crossed. This new, top of the line card still can’t run FO4 on my Vive Pro with consistent performance, goes from 45 to 90, reprojection from 20% to 2 %. Thats with a bunch of quality settings drooped at 100% SS…

4 Likes

I doubt anything will ever even come close to comparing to the Samsung exploding phone debacle. Literally every airport for over a year blasted out over their loudspeakers how it’s an actual crime to carry a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 onto a plane. It was a corporate disaster unlike any other before or since. So comparing a few defective cards vs. phones actually catching on fire in your pocket is just not in the same ballpark.

2 Likes

How’d you know it’s a few? If it’s one it’s probably many.

Wow that is bad logic, even internet logic.

2 Likes