Building the right rig, what to buy + How does the EVGA 1080ti FTW3 do with the 5k+?

Hay all :slight_smile:

Building a rig ready for the pimax 5k+ and this is what I have so far.

= EVGA 1080ti FTW3
= 9th Generation Intel Core i7 9700K 3.6GHz 8 Core Processor
= 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz (will add another 2 x 8gb later if needed or swap out for 2x 16gb)

How does that look?
Not sure on motherboard, ideas?

Secondly, how well does the EVGA 1080ti FTW3 handle the 5k+?

Thx for any help :slight_smile:

On a side note, how would Elite Dangerous fair on the above?

2 Likes

When DLSS and VRS (major RTX techs for VR) start working in most games, you’ll curse your GTX.
This is my opinion, of course.

“Graphics a good game do not make”, reflections on surfaces really doesn’t bother me. If my car is shiny or not I don’t really car in game etc and the 2080ti is far too expensive right now anyway.

The comparison here is 2080 (starting at $640) and 1080 ti (starting at $630).

Also, neither of those deal with reflections, one is deep learning super sampling, where you output 4k from 1080p deep learning super sampled that appears like 1900p with the performance of 1440p, and the other groups blocks pixels together to be rendered at the same time, further increasing performance.

To actually answer the question, this video should be pretty definitive. Choose your favorite.

You should be pretty fine, I don’t have mine in yet, but plenty of others have been happy with their similar setup, you just need to be willing to tinker.

1 Like

Best value for the money. 1080ti it is enough for me until prices come down on RTX. I own the EVGA 1080ti ssoc and run it overclocked. EVGA also has the best warranty out there covering any overclocking. I think it is 3 yrs as well.

Edit; now reconsidering my position on this after learning that the FFR and brainwarp is now in beta and may only work on RTX cards. May have to drop some coin earlier than expected on the upgrade to 2080ti. Will follow this new development Pimax has just released.

1 Like