Hi
thank you for your answers
immersive display is a store selling hdm
not a repair shop
but
I am waiting for an answer from the support for my problem
and it’s not the cable it’s the 8kx that is really dead

Ribbon cables are inside of your hmd.
Similar like this https://de.rs-online.com/web/p/flachbandkabel/1222568?cm_mmc=DE-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-CSS_DE_DE_Kabel_und_Drähte_Whoop-_-(DE:Whoop!)+Flachbandkabel+(2)-_-1222568&matchtype=&pla-307183228033&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6MPFzMbF9gIVhYjVCh30HwmIEAkYASABEgJJ6vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

After time and strong use, it is possible, the connector lost or have a little bit oxydation.

2 Likes

What hapoened to repair facility setup in EU and NA?

ha ok
thank you for this information

1 Like

5 years I support them
Backer and buyer of several hmd
and well there
I would not recommend the future 12k for this
a service after sale which manages it is error and which does not make fun of its customer

because my 8kx which gives up following an update and pimax which does not want to take this responsibility …
1500e 1 year1/2 dead
shameful !!!

I agree
when it’s going well
but if it’s not ok you don’t exist anymore in any case it takes a lot of patience to get answers and solutions

I am disappointed by the after sales service
their helmet doesn’t work anymore after a pimax update and it’s up to me to pay the consequences; it’s shameful!

3 Likes

Yes it is.
My Oculus CV1 and org Vive still work and they’re obsolete. in fact I have had almost all of my pc tech and peripherals become obsolete as opposed to failing over the last few 40 years.
For such a pricey item to not have a service option after warranty is just wrong.
Wouldn’t spend 8KX money under those conditions let alone 12K

1 Like

Sj had a teardown though really they need to get the promised repair centers opened.

If a ribbon cable has come loose can be an easy enough fix what happened to @POVVR @POVVR.se repair for swapping housings? Maybe they can do other repairs.

@PimaxQuorra @Sean.Huang can you look into what happened with the idea of getting repair centers setup regionally?

A year til dead maybe not that common but should at least have a place to send for cheap repair even if shipping might be a bit costly to send & receive back.

1 Like

We are absolutely ready to give it a try. You can PM us or send an email to kontakt@povvr.se

3 Likes

Awesome thanks!

@virtualboy72 please email PovVR above. They might be able to help.

1 Like

Yes this is exactly what happened to me with the 5k+!

They told me its out of warranty and offered $100 coupon. They didnt even want to repair it :exploding_head:

They then told me I can use it as trade in for 12k only for PimaxUSA to state during his AMA that device has to be working.

My 8KX is still working and now Im afraid to use it because if it should end up in a similar state to yours bye bye 12K dreams.

Truth is though after your current experience are you willing to pay $1400 more for 12K?

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-5k-plus-right-panel-flickering/38146?u=drowhunter

1 Like

Well I suspect pimax has never gotten the promised local repair facilities setup due to there constant changing priorities pushing things constantly back. It took them ovwr 2 years to essentially release a vive pro strap clone.

Yes

It’s true but this kind of problem is not due to a bad use
but a problem related to the firmware of pimax
It should normally recognize their fault
And exchange the defective hmd
Instead of that they propose 100$ as compensation hahaha
It doesn’t solve the problem for the others
Pocesseur de hmd pimax
This is a shame that should be published on other forums

send this a guy a new 8k x please

Have you contacted Pov yet?

1 Like

And 4 years to release a vive wand clone.

Not entirely a Vive Wand clone. Even if made with Parity on buttons.

If they simply wanted the Vive Wand clone they could have released the wand clone they started with that had a stick.

They may as well have.

Nah there actually decent. Though like the Index have caveats that create issues from being as good as they could be.

There is always some kind if issue due to one design does not fit all.

I am more interested in seeing the finger sense being opened up on Sword even if only to let opensource community working it out. Some sense would be better than none.

I’m in the same situation. I need firmware for the 8kx serial 2075! These firmwares should be public and easy to get.