Brightness Level, Image Quality Render - how to increase discrete?

Hello, PiMAX 4k Support!
I have a little question: is there any chance to decrease brightness level less than 1?
How can I choose Image Quality Render for example 1.4? 1.5 is too laggy for my PC but 1.25 is too poor picture? THX

1 Like

Hi welcome to the forums.

I have to be honest your the first i have heard asking to reduce the brightness below min setting.

@Pimax-Support might know if this can be done. In the meantime maybe a low tint sunglasses?

With the Render have you tried 1.3 or 1.35? (Try entering in the box) been awhile since i adjusted this setting) will take a look when home. @jonnypanic do you know off hand this one?

What is your system specs? & which game or program are you trying? You might be able to adjust quality settings in game.

No, I am afraid not. I suggested they change it a while back to allow smaller increments, but got no reply.

1 Like

Thanks for fast reply! There was 2 polarized filters in Pimax 4k…so I tooked it away cause the picture was so uncolored and dark even in brightness level is high. So now the picture is realy good! But sometimes after hard working day brightness seems to high for me.

Image quality…hmm…how can I choose 1.3 or 1.35? I only have scroll which choose values 0.5 0.75 1.00 1.25 1.5 1.75 2.0 and others. So I cant use my own values. I use PiPlay version 3.0.0.71. Thaks a lot.

1 Like

But there is a file C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Pimax\runtime\profile.json with string “pixels_per_display_pixel_rate”:1.25. Seems it is what I need.

Yeah. It is it

1 Like

You might be able to find say gamer type polarized lenses to put in place of the shutter glass or lightly tinted glass.

Polarized would be good as it will help to reduce blue light.