Brand new 8kx came with defective cable

So after upgrading to the 8kx on October 31st 2019, I finally received it… and was extremely disappointed to find that it came with a defective cable. I have heavy pixel snow and occasional vertical white stripes on both screens. I have tried using different USB ports and display ports on my motherboard (Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero) and GPU (1080ti), I have tried using two different powered USB hubs (2.0, 3.0, 3.1), and have made sure that the cable is firmly seated in the HMD. (My PSU is an 1000w EVGA Supernova platinum so there is no lack of power). The snow still persists. Based on my past experience with my 5k+ that had this same exact problem which was solved with a new cable, I’m fairly sure I received a defective cable with my 8kx. I think this cable might have been damaged because of the way Pimax is packaging the 8kx. I noticed immediately after opening the box that Pimax is shipping the 8kx’s with a very tight loop with a bend in the cable where it connects to the headset. I presume this loop is to give the cable a little slack when moving around with the headset on, but I was a little concerned right away with how sharp the bend is…knowing from experience with my 5k+ that Pimax cables are quite fragile. I have filed a ticket (#8008) with Pimax support (with video documentation) requesting a replacement cable, but I think this problem could have been avoided in the first place if Pimax had packaged it differently. After a very long wait, my HMD is completely unusable out of the box. @PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA , can you tell me if there are currently 8kx replacement cables available, and approximately when it will ship? Thank you.

4 Likes

Very sorry to hear. As you know the team is on holiday til the 8th or 10th.

Though since your in the :us: maybe @PimaxUSA can help get you fixed up as he mentioned stock in the :us: warehouse for RMAs.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.