Boneworks Released!

I have just been playing it on the 5K XR with the Index Controllers after testing it on the Index, runs just smoothly in the 5K XR as it did the Index

2 Likes

It run ok at normal FOV, Pitool 1.0 and steamSS on auto and Vive Only Compatibility, though it need parallel proj.
If you get an error at start it is because of a too hi resolution and the game doesnt like it (which I find a common issue for “old” games), for example, it crashes at pitool 1.25 and same if you run it with hight SS. Same for EverSpace but it doesnt crash right at the start but a bit later.
Just screened this

But again about Bonework, a just released game I had no concerns about it to work because it is a “end of 2019” SteamVR game.

1 Like

I am experiencing this as well!

No problem grabbing cup here. Grabbing is a little loose though. I imagine they will tightened things up going forward though. Enjoying it otherwise.

so with pitool at 1.0 and steam set to auto it looked nice, but on the opening screen i can see the black tiles popping in my peripheral vision. So i changed to PP on and that went away , but the resolution looks super low res.

have you experienced this?

Most games unfortunately. Even steamvr basic start bit. It’s more like it sticking for a bit as you turn. Going back to 132 (not tried 144) fixes it.

As for boneworks. Going to latest 197 fixed the hands but played badly even in a 2080 ti with Intel 10 core.

I hope they can combine the best of both worlds soon!

Oh and the game… Amazing so far! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I noticed the popping yes. I didn’t want to turn on pp though.

The peripheral popping might go away with fov set to small or maybe there’s another way.

A lot of games have it on normal fov

I’ve just turned PP on and FOV to normal and its almost looking good. My refresh rate is on 90. Also FFR seems to make the entire game look like pixel art

Ok I can’t grab the damned cup either? what am i supposed to do?

i’m using index controllers, with latest pitool.

Ok i think i figured it out. Apparently on Vive wands. You have to press the grip and then pull the trigger. Even though im using index controllers. The same gesture grabs the cup.

Its weird to say the least. I think my index controllers are using vive bindings somehow.

That’s actually correct behaviour for the index controllers as one of the developers confirmed that on the steam forum.

You get use to it quick and it’s the same for getting weapons out of the holsters. Stops accidental grabs I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
Works perfectly on my Pimax 5k+, with a simple 1080.
Index controlleurs are for the first time well used.
I guess going back to games with no physics will be very disapointing.
Not perfect, but a must have for VR fans.

No, but it might be hardware related, I only have a 1080TI so without FFR I dont have this issue.

I did a live stream for a bit tonight, using the 5K XR and the Index Controllers if anyone wants to see it running.

PC specs are: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce 1080Ti 11GB

yeah but the in game tutorial(the part with the ball tethered by four strings) , tells you to open your hand wait for a signal and then close your hand to pull it towards you. I call bollocks.

Yeah its definetely FFR. I experienced this in another title I just cant remember which one.