Base Stations Update?

Just to make it clear.

Are the coupons not enough to buy base stations,
or the coupons can not be used to pay less money for base stations?

If it is the second possibility, why not?

When you say coupon are you talking about the $100 credit you get when you switch from the 8k to the 5k+
?

It would be great to know what add-ons Pimax DOES intend to accept the coupon for

2 Likes

During the Kickstarter, an individual base station was an extra $75 + $10 shipping. Buying 2 lighthouses was $150 + only $10 for shipping.

My understanding is that the remaining $25 would simply be “store credit”

You can find the options here, but you have to scroll down until you find the accessory price list… https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pimax8kvr/pimax-the-worlds-first-8k-vr-headset .

One option would be to buy some extra face cushions, only $5 each.

2 Likes

This is what needs clarification. The $150 for the two base stations was the KS price, so I understand if Pimax needs to charge us more at this point. Additionally, I have seen that people who wanted to use their hand tracking deposit for other add ons were free to do so.

The base stations are listed as add ons. We should be able to use our credited funds for this. Nowhere before this has Pimax made an indication that base stations suddenly do not count as add ons. Only now that we started asking about them.

I have $200 in credit at this point. What am I supposed to do- buy a ton of face cushions? I will get my HMD, and won’t be able to use it fully. This doesn’t seem right to me :confused:

@deletedpimaxrep1 @PimaxVR @Pimax-Support

2 Likes

We do not produce base stations, but instead buy them from our partner. We can sell base stations in a bundle, but we cannot sell them individually as requested by the partner.

4 Likes

That’s what I was going to do if I changed to the 5k . It’s not like there are a lot of choices.

So, any news yet from your partner about the basestations availability/shipping? @deletedpimaxrep1

1 Like

will update as soon as I get the info

3 Likes

Are you saying that the base stations are not for sale??? Are you telling us that if we do not have base stations now we do not have base stations at all???

1 Like

I don’t understand this post. What do you mean by bundle?.. and the accessories you listed (in the link) are already given for free as stretch goals to backers, but basestations and controllers are not part of this list. So, I’m really confused what I can use the 100$ for, that I get for a downgrade to 5K+. Every ‚downgrader‘ is a backer and already get all the stuff you listed!
@deletedpimaxrep1 could you just clarify this please?! Please list up what is possible to spend the 100$ on and which items are excluded!

3 Likes

This is what it sounds like to me. They might have mentioned that like about a year ago . I think there are a lot of backers that were going to add the base stations later when they could afford them . I hope Heliosurge is getting a good nights sleep.

1 Like

Yeah, I see riots about to break

2 Likes

I don’t think you can buy them anywhere separately. The only way to get them is to buy a Vive Pro. As far as I know.

At least HTC will sell some more Vive Pro’s now :blush:
That was a joke. I know it’s not very funny but what do you do.

1 Like

So Pimax only has bundle deals with Valve where the Basestations v2 are concerned.
That will likely change later when the basestations are released for retail. No need to get them through Pimax either.

And the v1 basestations will work too.

The Vavle knuckels will come out and will probably be sold in a bundle with v2 basestations and my guess is that’s your best option anyway. The pimax controllers will probably have lots of faults compared to the knuckels.

1 Like

What you can get with the $100 coupon:

2 Likes

Yes, I referred to this paragraph!

„[…]As we will provide $100 coupon for backers that switch 8K to 5K+. You can use the coupon to buy accessories or the X version.
Accessories including - headstrap with earphones, face cushion, 10m cable, cooling fan, VR frame, modules.[…]“

But this is exactly what I wrote: we backers all get this items except:

• smell module
  • hand motion module
  • 10 meter cable

So, what you describe (by ever posting the link and not answering directly) and not write down is:
‚Spend your 100$ on these three items or buy 5 extra face cushions and a 10 meter cable or go for a module!‘

Do you really think this is what most backers want? A wild guess from me is, that a lot of the backers think about spending the 100$ on basestations, controllers or as an extra paydown for the Wifi module. Could it be used as a paydown for the WiFi module too? It’s at least a ‚module‘.

Again @deletedpimaxrep1 please clarify this topic by writing down where the 100$ Can be used for.

3 Likes

I think I’ll save the coupon for later use, or give it to someone since I’m getting all the goodies anyway.

Then, a bit off-topic, as usual:
@deletedpimaxrep1 since you’ve apparently managed to ship nearly half of the headsets of the first 100, shouldn’t you be sending the queries to the next bunch of backers already, or are the 100 first still kind of testers group and you wait say 2 weeks they testing the headset before proceeding with the next batch… Idk just thinking out loud :thinking::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This is free as a it was a stretch goal.

Also a stretch goal. Also free.

Yup! This is also a free upgrade as a stretch goal. Unsettling trend…

C’mon! You know the words!

@deletedpimaxrep1 I know you are not the policy maker here, so I have no intention of “shooting the messenger”, but I hope you understand this is about to become a “significant issue” with the KS community. Are you stating as a fact that the base stations will not be for sale? They were for sale as add ons and now they are not? The management MUST respond to this. There are going to be backers who came from Oculus and WindowsMR devices who are now locked out of full use of their devices. On top of that, Pimax is now holding $100 (or more) in funds that are essentially nonredeemable.

I am asking that Robin Weng please respond to this.

13 Likes