Base Stations Update?

This is what it sounds like to me. They might have mentioned that like about a year ago . I think there are a lot of backers that were going to add the base stations later when they could afford them . I hope Heliosurge is getting a good nights sleep.

1 Like

Yeah, I see riots about to break

2 Likes

I don’t think you can buy them anywhere separately. The only way to get them is to buy a Vive Pro. As far as I know.

At least HTC will sell some more Vive Pro’s now :blush:
That was a joke. I know it’s not very funny but what do you do.

1 Like

So Pimax only has bundle deals with Valve where the Basestations v2 are concerned.
That will likely change later when the basestations are released for retail. No need to get them through Pimax either.

And the v1 basestations will work too.

The Vavle knuckels will come out and will probably be sold in a bundle with v2 basestations and my guess is that’s your best option anyway. The pimax controllers will probably have lots of faults compared to the knuckels.

1 Like

What you can get with the $100 coupon:

2 Likes

Yes, I referred to this paragraph!

„[…]As we will provide $100 coupon for backers that switch 8K to 5K+. You can use the coupon to buy accessories or the X version.
Accessories including - headstrap with earphones, face cushion, 10m cable, cooling fan, VR frame, modules.[…]“

But this is exactly what I wrote: we backers all get this items except:

• smell module
  • hand motion module
  • 10 meter cable

So, what you describe (by ever posting the link and not answering directly) and not write down is:
‚Spend your 100$ on these three items or buy 5 extra face cushions and a 10 meter cable or go for a module!‘

Do you really think this is what most backers want? A wild guess from me is, that a lot of the backers think about spending the 100$ on basestations, controllers or as an extra paydown for the Wifi module. Could it be used as a paydown for the WiFi module too? It’s at least a ‚module‘.

Again @deletedpimaxrep1 please clarify this topic by writing down where the 100$ Can be used for.

3 Likes

I think I’ll save the coupon for later use, or give it to someone since I’m getting all the goodies anyway.

Then, a bit off-topic, as usual:
@deletedpimaxrep1 since you’ve apparently managed to ship nearly half of the headsets of the first 100, shouldn’t you be sending the queries to the next bunch of backers already, or are the 100 first still kind of testers group and you wait say 2 weeks they testing the headset before proceeding with the next batch… Idk just thinking out loud :thinking::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This is free as a it was a stretch goal.

Also a stretch goal. Also free.

Yup! This is also a free upgrade as a stretch goal. Unsettling trend…

C’mon! You know the words!

@deletedpimaxrep1 I know you are not the policy maker here, so I have no intention of “shooting the messenger”, but I hope you understand this is about to become a “significant issue” with the KS community. Are you stating as a fact that the base stations will not be for sale? They were for sale as add ons and now they are not? The management MUST respond to this. There are going to be backers who came from Oculus and WindowsMR devices who are now locked out of full use of their devices. On top of that, Pimax is now holding $100 (or more) in funds that are essentially nonredeemable.

I am asking that Robin Weng please respond to this.

13 Likes

As seen in Riccardo’s screenshot, the Kickstarter very clearly states that the base stations and controllers are “add-ons.” Why wouldn’t using the coupon be considered a bundle given that we are adding to a headset order? I would understand if someone tries to order a base station after receiving the headset, but most of our headsets haven’t even been made yet, let alone shipped…

A bit silly to offer a coupon that almost nobody will use since these things are already included as stretch goals. @deletedpimaxrep1

5 Likes

Do you know if your partner is planning to sell base stations individually by himself?

the kickstarter stretch goal of the $100 coupon can that be added to the $100 coupon from switching from 8k to 5k+ (sorry to jump in on thread)

You can probably add Wireless Module to that list

2 Likes

Hi @deletedpimaxrep1 i would like to cancel the one basestation on my pledge and switch it for a coupon. Is this possible? I got secondhand vive basestations.

2 Likes

It sounds like pimax wanted to sell the base stations separately but Valve won’t let them .

1 Like

Yeah that’s a good point a lot of backers purchased one base station with the intention of buying another one later . Now they cannot do that .

2 Likes

Surely we can use the coupon to put towards the wireless module. That was my plan B .

2 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1 @Pimax-Support @PimaxVR

Now this is NOT FAIR AT ALL. It was NEVER stated until now the base stations couldn’t be bought alone and we couldn’t use the 100$ coupon to buy them.

• You have decided to not postpone the release of the 5k+ and that was a fair decision.

• You have offered a free upgrade from 5K to 5K+ and this is really nice for 5K bakers.

• You have also offered the possibility to switch from 8K to 5K+ with a 100$ coupon as compensation which can be considered fair as long as you let us buy anything with it, INCLUDING BASE STATIONS AND CONTROLLERS.

This 5K+ has been secretly developped with the money from the kickstarter, and now you are telling 8K bakers who “funded” more this 5K+ to accept to be stuck with a useless 100$ coupon when 5K bakers are getting a free 5K+ upgrade ? Serioulsy ?

No, this is completely unfair pimax. It would mean many 8K bakers switching to 5K+ would have paid (funded) their 5k+ 100$ more than 5K bakers. Not acceptable.

If I knew from the beginning the base stations couldn’t be bought later I would have added 2 to my pledge of course. And if I knew the 8K wasn’t going to use RGB panels (= have significantly more subpixels than the 5K) I just wouldn’t have funded it.

Now the reality is there and you are offering a switch to a secretly developped 5K+ as the 8K doesn’t fulfill the initial specs. I can accept that as long as the 100$ coupon let us buy base stations.

So you have to find a way to let us use the 100$ coupon for base stations and controllers (at kickstarter price! Not retail price), and if you really can’t do that then the only fair alternative is to let people decide to have this 100$ coupon refunded when there is nothing they want to buy with it.

Now beside this 100$ coupon issue I just find crazy a base station could only be sold bundled with a headset…
This means someone who will buy his pimax with one BS won’t be able to buy additionnal BS later ?
Or if his BS has a failure after the warranty ended he won’t be able to buy a remplacement BS ??
This is a pure non-sense…

9 Likes

I am surprised by this development. At the same time the more I think on it, I don’t know what good getting the Pimax base stations would do anyone without having the controllers available also anyway. You can’t use the Pimax base stations with Vive Controllers and as far as I can tell you can’t buy Vive Pro controllers separately, so what good would the base stations be until either Knuckles or the Pimax controllers are available?

7 Likes

While I completely feel for you on the subject of the basestations, it would never cross my mind that they might not be possible to buy later, here you take it too far.

Both 8K and 5K were targets of the KS and development of both was funded. 5K eventually turned out as 5K+, but for what it does matter, it could have been 5K (without plus) and no-one will notice. The fact that 5K+ turned out to be so good that Pimax offered to 8K backers to switch and redeem the price difference was not mandated by the KS either (and even an option for 5K backers to switch to 8K for $100 more).

What is unfair is your claim

You can still keep 8K, no one is forcing your hand.

4 Likes