Base Stations Update?

HTC is fighting for its survival. Every VR counts for them :smirk:

They should stick to selling lighthouses and controllers and quit the headset game since they can’t produce anything worthwhile apparently

1 Like

So, if we run into cable and basestation got broken or controller fall , we have to buy another full pack hmd?
@deletedpimaxrep1

That’s case by case.
You should contact support if anything fail.

BTW, You can use coupon to buy controllers.

But @deletedpimaxrep1, there’s almost nothing to buy after the full package pledges combined with the stretch goals.
Hint: I’d want a Pimax hoodie or a beanie though

You can buy whatever produced by Pimax.
If we get free hands to make hoodies and beanies, we will add the SKUs in our online store for sure.

How about transfer the coupon to your friend?

So you model almost all of the videos towards using one base station but I cant purchase one base station?

Backers were able to add single base station during Kickstarter.
We can add a SKU online if necessary.
sorry but we can only sell in bundles.

1 Like

So a ‘bundle’ is no longer possible? Because if we backed a headset and now we want a basestation with that, that would not count as a bundle? They had to have been ordered at the same time?

If we can transfer then we are free to sell our coupon, right?

OK, seems I’m too stuck with the single base station.

Can somebody remind me if we can setup the heaset with one basestation or do we need to have 2? Thank you!

IMHO removing the option to buy the basestation separately is not good at all. When you buying Vive you know what to expect and how this works. When I was choosing single basestation in KS, I was told that one base station is enough for sitting games I’m playing. I thought that if I need to, I can buy extra basestation later.

That’s still true though

Hi Xunshu,

Can you please explain - if you’ll add SKU later, how this will work?

Thank you!

for sitting games you dont need a base station, the gyrosensor will let your head turn right or left, no room movement

that’s really a SHIT and not good for your image

1 Like

@deletedpimaxrep1

So you cant sell base stations seperately. Fair enough.
does this mean we are able to upgrade a headset only pledge to a full bundle if we pay the extra?

1 Like

Let us know what combos you think we should add to our sales channels. We can discuss with the team.

1 Like

I would think most likely you can when they send the query to you. It’d be pure profit for Pimax to sell more.

I’ll discuss with the team and get back to you.

5 Likes

Hi xunshu, Just to had my voice to those whom already spoken

I don’t feel in any way that Pimax should be obligated to apply the 100$ coupon on products that they don’t make but:

It’s not acceptable that PIMAX can’t sell base stations to backers who get a headset from them. I could understand that you can’t sell base stations separately to everyone but to backers and customer buying a headset this is not acceptable…

The same thing in the future we are your clients now and selling base station in part of the after sale service. Base stations are not optional accessory but an component
needed to get 5K+ or 8K headset working properly.

Beside most of us would prefer to give you more money then to give it to HTC

Regards