Base station tracking?

Hi all,

To all the lucky backers who received their headsets.

Can you tell me If the tracking with only 1 basestation is ok?

I will use the headset for seated games mostly… racing and flight.

Still have to wait for my 8k (backer 4272)

So If 1 is not enough I can order another 1 before my headset is shipped.

I think it will be alot faster than the headset :pensive:

1 Like

1 basestation is fine for seated games. I run iracing with no issues on 1 base station. Tracks fine.

2 Likes

Actually, dont worry about it.

The internal tracking is good enough for any seated game, believe me.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the replies

Greets Jeroen

Absolutely not, you only have 3dof without a base station. 6dof with a base station. HMD tracking only for testing is fine, but I highly recommend 1 base station for racing games. I can’t speak for other seated games. But he mentions racing so I’d stick with one BS.

1 Like

I could not disagree more about 3dof. You have killed any chance at immersion before you’ve even begun. It’s a completely different experience…a garbage one in my opinion. It’s definitely not VR.

1 Like

Guys, he is asking if the HMD will be usable without a base station, which it IS.

The 3DoF is enough for stationary games (like elite dangerous and other sims).

Obviously it is inferior to a full/partial lighthouse setup because you will lack real 3D space tracking.

But while his lighthouses are coming, yes he can still play just fine.

2 Likes

I used my Pimax 4K with only 3dof and it was fine for seated games for me. I have also played 6Dof so I have experienced the difference

3 Likes

That’s not what he’s asking, read his original post again. He asks if he needs one or two base stations. Sounds like he already has one.

2 Likes

Yep, my fault ! I misread it totally.

And yes, one base station is fine for sims, just remember to put it on “a” mode while the other don’t arrives.

I’m using 1 base station with little to no issues standing and turning almost never lose tracking. And in the very few instances that I do its only for a split second. It is totally use able with on base station hell I would even go as far to say better than my rift with three.

1 Like

I received my 2.0 base station today but I can only place it behind me because if I set it in front of me I have my controllers reversed. How can I set the base station properly to have it in front?

I received my 2.0 base station today but I can only place it behind me because if I set it in front of me I have my controllers reversed. How can I set the base station properly to have it in front?

How can I set it on A mode? Thanks