Audio Solutions for VR

Yes, a 3.5mm analogue AUX cable port can be found on the left side of the headset.

1 Like

Thanks for this, just looking at them now. Notice they are Bluetooth too. Very Interesting. What was that other company that tried this? Orbis or something.

I went and bought the best Bluetooth transceiver I could find (BT-W2), Creative have one especially for this. Bluetooth is only capable of stereo, not 8 channel. Running these via USB makes a world of difference.

Audeze are the first I know of to have put this into a consumer headset. It might pick up with other manufacturers, who knows.

Ah yes it was OSSIC-X that tried and ended up failing the Kick Starter.

These sound fun though.

Out of interest, which Sennheisers do you own?

Are you planning on running the Mobius through the usb on the Pimax?

Has bluetooth/wireless audio improved recently? I’ve not followed the scene for a couple of years. I avoided wireless/bluetooth headphones for listening to music as the max audio bitrate was like ~300kbs and kind of pointless if all your music is in flac. All my heaphones are wired.

To be fair I don’t actually know what audio format/bitrate most games use?

I think most games will be 16Bit-44Hz as that is like a standard that covers all audio devices.

Mobius has other compression support noted here

We might start to get hi-res audio sound packs for games along with high-res texture packs in the VR future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope so, that being said, even playing FF XIV last night the inclement weather (thunder in particular) sounded amazing, the sound attenuation with each echo was incredibly realistic.

@Tris Previously I was using Sennheiser HD7 DJ earphones, these are now being relegated to my work headphones. They are good, but I often feel the bass tones drown out everything unless I turn the volume right up.

2 Likes

Cheers for the link, I’ve not seen LDAC before - it looks ace.

1 Like

Yeah, LDAC supports 96 kHz/24 bit which if it works as they describe sounds great.

@Soarin, do you have a high end streaming service like Qobus by any chance?

1 Like

Cannot say I do, I do not do a lot of music listening in my own time. Most of my purchases are for HQ master audio of soundtracks from games or movies, which I do either by Amazon or come bundled with collectors editions.

There are but a few exceptions, Two Steps From Hell for example

1 Like