Audio issue when plugging in another audio source to 8kx

Just received my 8kx today and I’m loving every part of it. Except for the audio. I was well aware that we’d be waiting on the dmas for those that ordered(like I did) but how do we replace the standard one for now and say, use headphones? I tried unplugging both sides of the ‘earphones’ and plugged in my audio technika’s m50x’s and all I got was this hissing noise. Any idea how to fix this?

1 Like

I’m hoping someone can help with this issue as I cannot find much information about the 8kx’s audio setup for replacing with your own as the SMAS is really horrible and I can’t even hear the game/app at 100% volume.

I had this issue in August
Pimax finally got back to me this week:

Need to disconnect the USB connection of the helmet and plug in your earphones without electricity.

​Have a nice day!
Best wishes,
Pimax

I haven’t tested it yet, I’ve been using bluetooth to a woojer, but that’s not always going to be a viable option, so I hope this works.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Paul. That actually fixed my solution and allowed me to keep my microphone. I’m a little surprised that they have the dual channel head strap being powered by the one white usb! Not sure if plugging it in when its on or not makes a difference but I plugged in my headphones with the red light on if that help clarify for anyone. Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.