I personally think I’ll go with the 8K Plus eventually.
8K X is already ordered
I tried the 8KX and I’m all in
I took 8KX, although a long wait does not please at all…
(By the way, here was a poll: https://community.openmr.ai/t/how-many-have-preordered-an-8k-x-or-plus/23221?u=century)
I have an 8K and I don’t think it makes that much sense to get an 8K+, so I plan to get an 8KX.
8KX sometime next Year (2020)…
8KX ordered. Don’t mind the wait…
8KX ordered. Disappointed about the delay, but there are more important things in life
8k-x ordered and waiting for March to come or probably May
Will you cancel your order in March if they announce that the headset is delayed until September/October?
Time will tell but dont Think so, it was so good but dont think so big delay, feel like the problem they have now is Cable.
I have a feeling the 8K X won’t be released until January 2021. I mean it took 2 years from the original kickstarter for Pimax to get to this point.
I’d like to hear more impressions of the 8k+ vs 8kx from people who have played FPS style game just to find out if the difference is so noticeable when not reading text or looking at consoles and dashboards . I think I still prefer the 8k+ because Pimax has confirmed we can extend the cable .
And the potential for wireless.
Probably planning to wait for the 8kx to actually be out in people’s hands and then see if there are any noises about a time frame for displayport 2.
I will try it first, if it has less to minimal distortions than the 8K-X otherwise I am out
I’m out of the US until the spring so the delay did not effect me at all. As long as they deliver a solid defect free headset I’m good.
I suspect at least in this case it will happen faster than we recently speculated.
I usually aim for the highest available technology, but not this time. I’m not sure 8KX is ready for prime time. The cable operating at its limits, the reduced frequency, the lack of wireless suggest me to wait for a next VirtualLink based product, being satisfied by now with the cheapest and tested 8K+
But this doesn’t apply to audio, I can’t accept less than the best available solution, so I can’t order anything until Pimax clarifies the Deluxe Audio question.
I Will Get Both…