Apparently I need to activate PiTool?

Thanks Helio,

I really approxiciate your effort to solve this issue (and many more brought up in this forum). Even building bridges between Pimax and the community to argue for both sides in many other threads / discussion on this forum. I really (and honestly) appriciate your work here :call_me_hand: :+1:

But for me this is simple: Why do I need to fix something that I havenĖ‹t broken?

The question still remains if this was just a bad implementation already in the piTool or if this was a silent software update like the forced firmware updates.

Maybe I do need to sleep over this and calm down a little bit, but for me this is not adding positive vibes to the Pimax Experience. :cry:

And donĖ‹t get me wrong, I really prefer my 8KX over everything else that i owned so far. But sorry to say: For me software sells Hardware.

1 Like

why tf we have to enter everytime pitool starts tho,already put my order and email and it asks again everytime,i just type random words,what is this goofy crap pimax at least make it remember.

Block it in the firewall and youā€™re done. A mouse click canā€™t be that difficult.

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe it to be a silent update. But more if a silent ā€œfeatureā€ that has maybe been triggered due to testing maybe for a newer pitool release that may require some new things prepping for the 12kR eventual release.

To which I agree the core interface for basic pitool settings should be kept clean if one is looking to just change settings.

However having an option to have stored info to launch tickets directly for support with options to include logs(reviewable & selectable) would make things simpler.

As this didnā€™t happen during initial release imho it has been triggered due to testing with pitool doing itā€™s basic check on the server looking for updates.

This is why until we can get an update please consider blocking pitool & potentially related services. So you can enjoy your hmd until @PimaxQuorra @hammerhead_gal and @PimaxUSA can get details on what is going wrong.

I suspect the backend online connection has triggered this request with the backend not ready for to be properly implemented with an option to skip registering process.

No troubles here on version .269 with a 5k+.

1 Like

No problems here too. windows 11, pitool 275, 8kx

1 Like

Dear all,

Hello,

Iā€™ve found out this pop-up has affected some usersā€™ experience while using Pitool.

Before I managed to release any official statement towards this, will have a discussion with our team.

Weā€™re sincerely apologize to any inconvenience brought to our users.

3 Likes

Hello,

I do understand your frustration sir.

This is actually in the Pitool code, but we didnā€™t activate before this. As the main goal is used to collect data from our new users when they connect the headset via the new Pimax software (which is under beta stage)

Hopefully this issue can be fix within these 2 days.

2 Likes

Thank you dstar. Done.

2 Likes

Might one inquire how to join this ā€œbetaā€ for testing purposes?

1 Like

Hi @PimaxQuorra ,

thanks for the quick update and hope the issue is fixed soon.

I really do love my 8KX and hope these unessecary Software issues are solved from now on.

Just a quick suggestion from my side: At least for me the issue would not have been one if there was an ā€žSkipā€œ button in this procedure. I always prefer these kind of data collection. Everyone who needs support can share his data and everyone who does not want to can just skip. Problem solved :grinning:

Maybe you can forward this as a feature request to the team. They have done a great job so far and with these ā€žopt-inā€œ / ā€žskipā€œ features i think nobody will be upset anymore.

Best Regards

2 Likes

woudlnt that block update prompts etc?really just a skip button or a remember feature would have been more easier on pimax part.

The automatic update is useless at time. currently makes more trouble than sense. (False firmware etc.) And if you want it back, just release it again.

Writing these sentences took 10 times more work and time than the temporary workaround for the problem. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi,

Indeed, Iā€™ve pop up with this suggestion! They will redesign the UI and wordings.
With these features, it sounds more friendly than the mandatory fields.

2 Likes

Dear all,

First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologize for the recent Pitool activation popup. The initial goal of pop-up windows was to provide better service support to newly activated users and their subsequent request. However, due to a backendā€™s technical bug, some users whom have their mailing blanked on the system, received the popup windows. We have considered the logic and reasonableness of the popup and it will not occur again in the future. If you noticed this pop-up before it is fixed by our team, please kindly submit your email address and purchase channel. You may be rest confident that the order number is not a mandatory. We value your feedback and strive to develop better software services.

Regards.

4 Likes

Thanks Pimax. Knew youā€™d fix it.

2 Likes

Hi @PimaxQuorra,

I just checked today after my short holiday and the pop up still remains and still can not be skipped.

Any Update on the removal of this pop up?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Itā€™s already been gone for me since then. Perhaps itā€™s just a left over stale configuration for you. Fill it in once or twice, make sure it actually can contact Pimaxā€™s servers so it can get the updated configuration, and see if it goes away after that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.