Apology Letter, project status and risks

Our workmate told me that it will be clear when you go near the Bigscreen. so it shouldn’t the vendor resolutions issues. anyway I will double check and try to find the root cause.

1 Like

That’s great news! @Heliosurge has suggested it may have been due to the tester’s IPD and the V2 not supporting variable settings. Could this be true?

Thanks again for the quick response.

1 Like

@deletedpimaxrep1 @bacon make update with this message for all on kickstarter
Many people do not know about the forum

Yes, V2 doesn’t support IPD, it may be one reason, but if so the tester should feel unclear with any scenario not only Bigscreen.

1 Like

Yes, will do that way.

2 Likes

Hi Bacon.

Maybe post a couple of pics of Bigscreen through the lens as this will show only 1 eye & should give idea of potenial clarity with proper ipd.

2 Likes

soooooooo glad i backed such a wonderful responsive company!!!

3 Likes

Yes, I will check. but need a little more time, the working sample is in shortage, our engineer is debugging now

3 Likes

A big thanks for all the information. Everybody has to learn and only working people sometimes make a mistake. I believe in Pimax and appreciate honesty.
Will we see a Pimax 16K next year ? :wink:

1 Like

@bacon
Are you guys pushing 3840216080Hz to each panel to achieve native resolution? I’m really confused on how you can achieve the above using one single DP.

Or is the above resolution the upscaled resolution?

Also, for those of us who are planning to buy the next generation GPU or the 1080Ti. Will it help to achieve stable 90Hz?

Could you please also test using a 1080Ti?

Thanks

1080TI will be helpful, but to be honest as we analyzed in the risk part 90Hz is a system related issues, we still do more works and can’t guarantee currently.

3 Likes

Thanks.

Could you also help answer my question on the 3840216080Hz resolution that you pushing. Is this per panel native or upscaled?

8K x will support native , and 8k will be upscaled.

Thanks for your sincerity.
Stability issues was also the Oculus problem when they make the rift.
I don’t care if I don’t receive the 8K headset in the first 2 months of 2018.
The most important is that you have solved the biggest problems for January.
I own a GTX 1080Ti for VR with DCS and Elite Dangerous and I hope to have the best experience possible with your Pimax 8K.
Good luck for your research.

4 Likes

Thanks for explanation.
I know we sponsor the prototype. :slight_smile:
I am interested in the current progress of the device.
Please keep up with progress / problems on the fly.
Thanks.

2 Likes

I also would like an answer to this question. A 3m cable length would be rather useless.

@bacon already clarified above:

Can you elaborate this a bit? Why don’t you switch to the Qualcomm platform then?

the cable will be 5meters, not 3 meters.

I’ve got a question, since the LCD is native 90hz, will you if you do not reach it experience tearing if the frames do not sync up or can you lower the display update rate as well?

Thanks for this post.