Any word on DMAS?

Now, we all now by now what to make out of Pimax deadlines. “a couple of weeks” - they wouldn’t say so if it were estimated “2” - that be rather “a couple of working days”. It’s save to asume this rather means 3-4 which realistically translates to “in early 2021”.

That’s when their contractors will initiate mass production. And as “mass production” doesn’t mean to produce a run of like 100 and send them out as they fall off the line, add 2 more weeks for the first run to actually arrive in their warehouse after which they need to be put in inventory, hopefully run through proper QA inspection, getting packed up, assigned to orders, readied for courier pick up.

Mind, that’s all along with the usual business and products alledgedly already in mass production but always out of stock and never shipping wihtout weeks of delay - plus - I wouldn’t be surprised them to decide announcing yet another headset with the “8KHyper” (ready to ship, of course) in between…

Last obsatcle will be FedEx, whose Shanghai subsidiary is reported to follow some special rite to only accept a limited number of individual parcels per day (personal conspiracy theory: maybe that is due them being faced with void shipping labels but no actual boxes to be picked up?)

Based on all these records, honestly we should be lucky (as in VERY) to see them shipping out in numbers before CNY.

4 Likes

and there you go, this time on the optical cable, but it proves my point:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/got-a-tax-payment-email-from-pimax-months-after-my-8kx-was-delivered/33797/38?u=klaus

They better should start to learn and use terms like “in stock”, “delivered” (in my case they meant “picked up by the courier”) and further on as used on an international scale. This would greatly help to keep up the faith here and everywhere.

1 Like

Considering that the KDMAS is basically the DMAS with just the ear cushions slapped on, I do not see what may block Pimax from already having them produced, at least the plastic parts. The only missing part should be the supposed BMR type speakers which should replace the drivers in KDMAS.

I cannot really see why this should block the delivery (or even the production), unless something more serious came up, but then the Pimax updates are not very helping in clarifying the situation, because they just give the impression everything is going as planned.

5 Likes

Check back next December.

In all seriousness I haven’t heard anything either. Those SMAS speakers nead replacing badly

2 Likes

more likely, after the quality of SMAS and KDMAS were called into question, someone at Pimax decided to actually try them on and listen them hence the delay.

Remember Pimax, the bar you are attempting to reach are the Index headphones

2 Likes

Following what they have said the actual drivers for the DMAS are NOT the same as the Kdmas, it’s a completely different audio solution.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/confusion-about-mas-dmas-and-kdmas/28968/16?u=haze

As usual patience with Pimax is a must, Id expect them to be shipped out some time in Q1 2021

1 Like

Latest “weekly update” and no mention of the DMAS production… Jup, “a couple of weeks” = “in the nearest future” aka. Any Year Now… :wink:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/weekly-update-17th-december-2020/33913

4 Likes

Well, this basically brings up the question why they just didn’t produce the strap with receptables (as the nomiker “modular” would have implied), ship those with every headset and make us and future customers happy from the get go. Then step after step, release stanadard KS and Deluxe drivers separately.
I think the worst decision was to hold the headstrap back so long and ship headsets with the soft strap. Everybody has some IEMs or headphones he can use along, but the strap just is a must.

1 Like

Agreed. Though I have read not long ago they sent an 8k+ out for review with the soft strap and the comfort kit mask needed to be removed to install the strap.

You would think they would want reviews with the MAS strap for best potential results.

3 Likes

That was the plan. To be honest, I dont know really how this happened.

4 Likes

The review was overall quite positive and scored 4/5. Though there was some editor issues being looked into by the author.

Also, the shop implies all headsets but the Artisan would (and should so) include the rigid MAS … so sending out a review sample that does not reflect the actual customer product doesn’t really serve the exercise.

1 Like

Title says it all really, unless I missed it there has been nothing for a while on the status of the DAS for those still waiting.

1 Like

The DMAS has said to be possibly entering production. Just waiting for a new update that confirms this has moved forward.

@PimaxQuorra

2 Likes

Actrually, there is another, strikingly similar named thread active already, maybe just merge?

1 Like

Done… :wink:

3 Likes

Try pulling the KDMAS off your ears for a bit separation - the bass is gone right away. They will need to do something otherwise it will sound not much better than the infamous SMAS.

With Elite Dangerous the KDMAS has quite a tinny sound, as if listening to it through a tube. Not sure what is going wrong there…

KDMAS is designed to operate touching your ears, DMAS is designed for off-ear (Advanced BMR).

For best sound with the KDMAS - 1) make sure the cups are touching your ears (adjusting the position of the MAS on the back of your head can assist with this in some cases), 2) try to center the cups on your hear, 3) for 8K+, X, Super make sure you use the Y connector to plug into the LEFT connector, 4) For further refinements use an equalizer app (some are free or very low cost).

4 Likes

This corrects the design flaw as there is no real adjustment towards ears.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/grodenglaive-pimax-printables/33956?u=heliosurge

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.