Any chance of an update?

If things are getting worse and it’s looking like much longer delays then I for one would be completely OK with this as clearly my wait for a VR headset is of zero consequence - but just silence is a bit painful.

1 Like

This Category holds updates.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-integrates-ultraleap-hand-tracking-in-next-gen-vr-headsets/26229?u=heliosurge

2 Likes

As I said, any chance of an update - thought they were going to be weekly? Even if the update is along the lines of very slow progress due to the virus that would be a lot better than silence.

3 Likes

LOL. Hours ago, the Chinese manufacturing PMI was released, it crashed to the lowest number EVER recorded. China is just (almost) not producing. And you expect that Pimax, the company that even delays updates about updates, somehow magically managed to get something done? They’re still working from home, production is NOT happening, so please accept that.

Forget about Pimax in March, they already said they’re not planning to release anything in march. They’re planning for April, which of course most likely won’t happen neither. But by then, it at least makes sense to ask for an update.

1 Like

No need for LOLs and ridicule here. He simply asked for an update.

1 Like

I just found it funny that some people seem to think Pimax did something last week. China’s production has come to a halt and then Pimax is going to get things done? Even if they wanted to take risk and get back to office (which some offices are allowed, but then all risks/costs are for them if the virus breaks out in their office), then they won’t have much parts to assemble, since everything is delayed. And oftentimes workers that went on Chinese holiday didn’t even go back to their region, in fear of the virus.

And then … It’s Pimax! So add Pimax standard delays onto Coronavirus delays = quadruple delays. No point in asking for any updates the next couple of weeks.

1 Like

You’re overthinking this. He asked for an update. Doesn’t mean anyone is thinking anything.
I’m out of here

Ok I’ll give you the weekly Pimax update then:

“We’re working from our homes, great work is getting done in the software development department, internal messages are spiking, everything looking great, wonderful things are happening behind the scenes, which will make 90% of the people happy. Only 2% will be disappointed (of the 2% pimax users that use this forum). We hope to get back to our factory soon and will keep you updated about that”.

Feeling any better now? You’re welcome.

1 Like

Here is a real update from 2 days ago:

1 Like

Ah yeah I forgot the promise of [current month +1] in my update, like when they promised to ship my 8k-X in november 2019 when I pre-ordered in october 2019. Sorry, should have added april/may in the update.

Well you are finding funny things our of your imagination because at what part of what I wrote did I give you the impression that I think Pimax did something last week?

There should be an update about the backers stretch goals coming soon-ish.

The situation in China is way more serious than anyone thinks, though, the last I heard it’s slowly getting better.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.