AMD Vega 64 & Amd cpu

@Hessfire @Ally and others I may have missed. :beers::wink::+1::sparkles:

@PimaxVR @deletedpimaxrep1 @Pimax-Support @Sean.Huang

I have been in contact with a local Custom pc shop that specializes in Amd setups. I have also discovered that the owner is a backer.

So with that being said we should have some amd 64 results this week on the 8k! Or sometime next week.

I do apologize I hadn’t had this setup sooner.

Now that being said will get more details on setup but do know it’s a water cooled threadripper & watercooled vega 64.

6 Likes

That’s excellent! It will be interesting to see what the results are.

2 Likes

From what I have neen told he’s wanting to setup a cockpit for when he gets his headset(s).

So who knows he likely has a hotas setup & of course likely ED. :beers::wink::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

AMD not sure
But waiting for RX 690 or Vega 7nm
By Q2 2019 if we are lucky enough Zen 2 not sure about Navi
They were talking about PCI 4 just around the corner !!!

2 Likes

I want my rig ready in 2019 by the time 5k+ consumer released
Should i go for AMD ( disappointing )

1 Like

Yeah the looming of pci-X v4.0 can make it a bad time in general in regards to gpu upgrades ie RTX adopters & of course needing mimally a new mobo to take advantage of ir.

1 Like

I highly doubt that PCI-E 3.0 is holding back any performance. Tests have repeatedly shown only minor increases going from PCI-E 2.0 to PCI-E 3.0 as long as you’re running in x16 mode. I expect the same to hold true for PCI-E 4.0 as well.

1 Like

Truth there there are folks using server boards with only 1 pci-x 16 slot that might be v1 or v2.

1 Like

We totally agree PCI.E 3.0 more then enough for gamers
If AMD come up with some sort of way or tech taking advantage of the extra bandwidth or PCIE.4.0 technology that can push total performance on some aspects

Well lets wait and see…

1 Like

Like you said …Im on that boat :pensive:

1 Like

I am also a Vega 64 on water owner.
I saw some VR Benchmarks some months ago.
The Performance was about a 1070-1080.
I think this is not enough for the Pimax.

2 Likes