AGILEVR (locomotion)

Did you get your replacement ?

I am instead still unable to use the device. It simply does not inject in the game/steamvr or there is a setting problem.
What is annoying is that the support has not been able so far to help . The annoying part is that i keep asking them to remote connect to my pc and get all the files they need for tracing the problem. Instead they keep asking me to send them files and do things.
It is a never lasting back and forth of emails for more than 1 week, with nothing achieved.

2 Likes

Wonder if there familiar with Teamviewer?

They are. I just do not understand why avoiding/delaying doing that step. I am not happy so far about all this

1 Like

Yes I received my replacement a couple of days ago and happy to say that it does work for me but only with my Rift S though… I have not tried it with just a regular steam VR headset but so far I have had no luck getting it to inject anything when using my 5K+ so I’m wondering if it has something to do with the steamvr implementation Pimax headsets?

1 Like

Hard to say as WalkOVR & Driver4vr work with pimax. Have you tried a vive or index?

Also if you have psvr maybe give iVRy in steam a check.

1 Like

No I have not tried it with my Vive yet as I packed it away years ago but might pull it out just to see. I have been working with the developers to try to help them solve the issue and plan to mention this to the Pimax team when I see them at CES in hopes that maybe they can work with Mechatrch to get the system working. I should be receiving my Walkovr really soon and look forward to testing it as well.

2 Likes

Received WalkOVR & still waiting on Katloco to see if combining 2 units for mocap is going to work. Preliminary reports if fellow users of Katloco doesn’t instill a lot of confidence atm with their software.

1 Like

I think they said they have problem with making it work with pimax despite they advertise it as working with the pimax headset.

Lucky for you that you got it working. I am having still issues with it and the index instead and no solution yet from the tech support

How the backwards and forward and sideways movements work ? Do they have any delay or do they get confused ? Also how about jump and crouch ?

Thanks!

3 Likes

It takes a lot of calibrating to get it set just right and even then it still has a bit of a problem with the backwards motion kicking in often… the strafing and jumping seem to work well enough. I have only played Theta Legion and Asgards Wrath with it so far but the feeling of walking through these games was convincing enough to make me want to continue to try and fine tune it some more. I really do hope they get it to work with the Pimax headsets because being able to plug it directly into the USB c expansion port on the headset is much better than having yet another cable dragging the floor! I still need to try your wireless trick with it but haven’t has the time to drag out all my old TPcast stuff just yet and purchase the mini router. I am hoping to have a video review out soon after I get back from CES but right now getting ready to help Pimax in their booth is my priority! []-)

2 Likes

If you get the small router, you would not need tpcast.

So you definitely tried on a pimax and it is not working?
Wondering why/what is the issue.

I hope we will be able to avoid the unwanted backwards movements.

Is there any delay from the moment you make the body position for lateral and backward movements , to the actual movements in vr?

1 Like

Hi there. I was still not able to ever use agilevr. So far it has been a waist of money. Technical support is keeping trying to look for a solution ,but so far there is no motion in steamvr games using agilevr on my valve index headset. It has been very upsetting. Testing everyday newed updated of the agilevr software with no working solution.

have you tried it only on your oculus and pimax ?

1 Like

Yes the only way I can get it to work is with my Rift s and even then it is very difficult to get the settings dialed in correctly. The biggest problem I have with it is that the software keeps wanting to make me walk backwards and I can’t seem to get it to be 1:1 feeling with my walking speed in most games that I’ve tried it with. They got back to me by email a few days ago and mentioned a new version of software that will have forward only motion as an option so maybe that will help but still waiting for it.

1 Like

I think the version is already out. Download the software from their software download link. It has the option for forward only movememts

the thing is that I bought this device for the lateral and backwards movements with feet. If that is a mess, then the device is useless

Hey you wouldn’t know off hand which games support locomotion via Vive Wands. I think trackpad but not sure.