Additional shipping costs for Plan F (Basestations/Index Controllers)

to close the topic:

In the end I saved about 108USD for the two base stations and Index controllers compared to the official valve prices here in Germany. So still a nice consolation for the long waiting time.

Valve Germany: 671 USD

• 2x 173 USD for the Basestations
  • 325 USD for the Index Controllers

Pimax: 563 USD

• 300 USD for the Full Package Upgrade (2 Basestations and Pimax Controllers) during Kickstarter
  • 179 USD for the Upgrade to Index Controllers
  • 35 USD additional shipping fees
  • 49 USD for the customs
1 Like

Yeah, I just got asked by Pimax to pay customs, etc. without any guidance on what this would be. The bit I find annoying out of this is that I don’t recall any customer liability for customs in the Plan F description when I purchased it.

The thing that really worries me is that this behavior indicates financial (cash flow) stress. They’re obviously trying to claw back some money and the lack of investment (see note) is starting to make me think I may never see my 8K-X.

Note: Seriously how hard would it be to put up a web based order dashboard and user portal to eliminate all of the “where is my order” questions and rework? The apparent back end chaos is expensive and hampers the throughput that Pimax needs to build momentum and reputation. I don’t understand why there is no investment in this space.

2 Likes

So, dear Dennis, did you reach an agreement with Pimax and have you received your deliveries yet ?

@PimaxQuorra

3 Likes

dunno why ppl are confused on this issue, it’s been said plan F doesn’t include shipping,
so if your is KS $300 + $179 you have to pay shipping! It’s not asking to pay more shipping, it’s more like asking shipping to be paid because they made a mistake not collecting it before.

as for custom, i thought if custom fee didn’t get collected as an additional charge in the purchase, you have to pay for it when it enters your country. I always had to pay custom tax after, if it wasn’t collected by the seller, in NZ.

1 Like

My Backer Upgrade Plan F order that was made around mid november last year has two items in it for which I have payed for both, so at least in my case the order already covers the shipping costs.

• [XPP2-208-0012] Backer Upgrade Plan F
  • Standard Shipping-Box(Base on Weight)-Backer only

Your case may wary as it seemed to be a bit of a hassle in Pimax side when they introduced the plans in the store…

A lot of the issue stems from Pimax having incorrect shipping listed in their store at launch. First it was set very high ($80USD), then $0, then settled into the current geography-based number (e.g. $39 in the US). Unfortunately they had each option up for roughly a day, meaning many sales at the wrong times.

People who overpaid got refunds, and then needed to pay accurate shipping. People who paid nothing now have to pay shipping. People who paid at the correct rate get their material (whenever it ships). Group 1 required a minimum of two tickets per customer. Group 2 continues to complain about paying any “extra” for shipping, creating multiple tickets. Group 3 is having extremely slow shipping, this creating more tickets.

Why Pimax haven’t just out and said this is both entirely beyond my comprehension, and yet entirely true to form.

3 Likes

Hi,

I received my set last Tuesday, see my post above and here:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/plan-f-shipping-update-please/24955/328

I agreed to pay 35$ shipping and customs/DHL wanted another 49$. The package was shipped from Hongkong because I decided to not wait for the Marseille transfer to finally burry this topic for peace of my mind. Controllers and Basestations are working great and Alyx is excellent with that combo.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know, Dennis.

At this stage I will wait for actions from Pimax - will they deliver in numbers to backers or only the occasional backer receives something. According to their latest announcements they should start shipping the single base stations (I am not in any upgrade plan) as of next week. Well, let‘s see how many receive theirs within the coming 2-3 weeks.

Pimax have announced shipments to be just around the corner many times in the past, so I will not rely on their words but wait for their actions.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.