Acer reportedly looking to sell or disband StarVR

Hmm. Interesting rumor.

2 Likes

Very interesting. Well if Acer does sell them, I hope Nvidia picks them up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Interesting indeed considering they were just selling Dev units. :laughing:

Maybe that didn’t go as well as they thought it might

1 Like

I told you GAFA ;-)…

1 Like

This puts Pimax in a better light.

2 Likes

@Matthew.Xu @deletedpimaxrep1 Can you please buy the StarVR company and give us 210 degrees HMD with eye tracking, no distortion and OLED custom screens ?

11 Likes

Sure! Just need an additional payment of $2500

4 Likes

While I believe they’d been irrelevant for consumers anyways because of the asked price I also think this is another setback for VR in general. They pushed the limits and go bust. Oculus and HTC can sell their mediocre stuff a while longer and milk costumers. We need fast development in VR because the current hardware is simply not good enough. This turns many people away from VR.

Pimax wont help in that matter either. It will be fantastic for us backers because we are enthusiasts but when looking at the Pimax objectively one can only can come to the conclusion that it is far from ready for the typical enduser who demands plug and play and I am not even talking about the GPU needed to run it.

3 Likes

Shut up and take my money !

Imax pulled the plug on StarVR. That was their main customer. This sale was to be expected since.

1 Like

Last time I go to imax vr and already no starvr there.

2 Likes

@Sjef Would you mind selling your private island and investing in a hot new VR tech company? That hasn’t come back to bite you in the past… :wink:

2 Likes