About product warranty

Which is why I said it’s still an issue.

If the 5k\8k like the 4k model. They don’t generate warmth like the vive so unless you sweat profusely it shouldn’t be a problem.

If you have been following how they are working on shipping the units it is likely after discussing with PiMax care center your headset would be sent back to place/channel that shipped you the headset & replacement sent from there in case of doa type issues.

@bacon does this sound about right?

In my case I’m in Brazil. Usually the products from China are shipped directly from (China).

And there is a negligence on the part of Pimax, which I hope is not intentional, in detailing this and giving us precise details of how to contact their care center. If they will handle with possible expenses.
@bacon

1 Like

Production plants in China, depending on the region, we will transport our products to the warehouse of our partners in the region. Then it is shipped according to different countries.
We are working with our partners on the policy of return, replacement and warranty, and we believe that there will be a final solution soon. We will determine the final plan then we release it for your.
I am very sorry for replying you too late.

5 Likes

Thanks. I’ll be waiting and hoping for it to be defined before November 3rd.

I’ve been following and I’m still waiting for the “final plan” as stated by Matthew.xu here http://community.openmr.ai/t/about-product-warranty/3147/26?u=macleod

Setting up a Warrenty locally is harder than negotiating a worldwide method. It takes sometime to get distributers onboard. Please be patient in the meamtime

Doing that! The hardest is the wait thou. :slight_smile:

I hear you always fun negotiating deals with 3rdparties.

Hi. I would like to know what would be the best scenario for YOU (and me) the consumer? Please comment…this will help me decide on this brand and I’m sure it will help Pimax with their “Final Solution”.

From what I understand the device carries a 1 year factory warranty from date of purchase. All cost for purchasing and for returns and for replacements are at a separate cost from the factory/manufacturer. The device is sold in bulk to a local/country/regional dealers/distributors/agents. There are a few out there with different price and support offerings and it is your choice who you deal with. If you buy from a dealer then this dealer of yours is the channel you should go through for warranty claims and exchange/repair policies and additional costs.hidden costs etc. This dealer should, at minimum service level, offer you an option to either carry in the device to a repair center or offer you a local address to ship the device to where they can inspect it for the complaint/fault. How fast they are able to resolve a repair/swop order for the product depends again on your dealer/agent. 90% of delays with resolution of defective devices is at the dealers end cos they need to inspect it really closely to find any user fault (usual story). if there is a fault then this needs to be communicated to the factory by the dealer and the factory needs to “Authorize” repairs or replacement cost. This is done generally very quickly by the factory.

So the factory will fit the bill IF LEGITIMATE CLAIM but it is the dealer that can cause the delays. Dont blame the factory or the brand when most of it is dependent on your choice of dealer.

If you dont have a local dealer then I suggest you take this opportunity to promote the product to some of your local dealers in IT Equipment in your country and get this product into your country’s market NOW so you can build a good local support structure and “FINAL PLAN”

@Mau_S