8kx i love it, image quality is like looking on a monitor in VR

Yes, the speakers should be above your ears, but in that picture, the speakers are way too far above the ears, based on previous images I’ve seen.

2 Likes

They can be removed. Just lift the inner black foam and remove the one central screw.

Also make sure the bass boost and loudness options are ticked on in the usb sound properties

2 Likes

We’ve seen people using ordinary headphones with the strap, they just need to be placed leaning to the rear of the strap. and it was not with the metal hinges.

2 Likes

Pimax should just send replacement hinge pieces out for their massive error.
Why should we all have to open tickets for these replacement pieces?
It’s like they will drag the pimax company name through the dirt, over & over again & burn bridges with customers, all for a few $$$

4 Likes

Yep. Also most people aren’t even aware that the hinges are defective and will go on thinking its just a badly designed headset.

1 Like

And write bad reviews about the 8kx & air their grievances across social media’s.
Even the die hard pimax fans & apologists are going to struggle with excuses for that.
Absolutely crazy business practice

2 Likes

When I saw the first photo of 8kx and audiostrap I thinks there will be bad audio because of the distance, and problem too with personal phones (example the big asus 7.1)… so I bought the deluxe audio but I’m sure when arrive I will remove the standard.

what abut the hinge? metal plastic ? have enouth rotate?

I agree they should simply mail replacement hinges to every single customer, leading with an email that they are on the way.

5 Likes

i think they’re surprisingly competent for casual use but i have no doubt the immersion with the kdmas and dmas is better. I just like that i don’t have to worry about them getting in the way.

1 Like

have you tryied wearing your headphones under headstrap?

The pencil is Edit. 20 chars

1 Like

I very specifically warned @PimaxQuorra, @SweViver and @PimaxUSA about this back in January. Expand the post and you’ll see.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/nyc-meetup-venue-and-gaming-pcs-for-sunday/25239/48?u=staffanstuff

4 Likes

Considering they are injection molded, I can imagine it might not be too expensive for Pimax to include maybe 4-6 extra plastic hinges, in addition to the metal hinges, with every 8kX. It could be a relatively small bulk order for a relatively simple part.

Perhaps that would solve both the adjustability problem for some users with the metal hinges, and the durability problem with the plastic.

Adding ‘angle iron’ profile shapes around the weak spots might also provide the durability desired for the plastic hinges.

6 Likes

@Heliosurge: Why is this review automatically bumped? Doesn’t seem like others are?

2 Likes

I would go a stage further and ask why are any threads being automatically bumped? Noticed it recently and wandered if this ‘feature’ had accidently been turned on?

2 Likes