8KX - Audio Jack - Whistles

Sound seems fine using the MAS. But when I plug anything into either of the audio jacks, I get a feedback / interference / whistle sound. The actual audio comes through too, but the whistle is clear over the top.

I can’t hear this when I use the built in speakers. I have the basic, off ear, MAS. I have tried two sets of earbuds and also an old gaming headset.

Any tips? anything I’m doing wrong?

I noticed the same Yesterday so for now I’m using my Woojer Edge Strap with a pair of headphones, earbuds or IEMs.

I guess there sockets aren’t wired as we expect (2 x stereo sockets)…? :thinking:

2 Likes

How is the strap? Worth it? Benefit / immersion in games? Any particular / types of games it works particularly well with?

2 Likes

It’s fine, but I wouldn’t buy it at retail price… :upside_down_face:

Haven’t used it that much to be honest. Ask me again in a few weeks maybe? :wink:

If the DMAS is any good I doubt I’ll use the Woojer any longer but right now it works very well as a Bluetooth DAC with built-in rumble pack… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I got the vest, it’s pretty rad. Not all games have a good sound mix, but the ones that do sound great

3 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/audio-issue-when-plugging-in-another-audio-source-to-8kx/31767

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Quoting from the thread missdosh links :

2 Likes

This worked for me yesterday, playing with apple earbuds until I move my DAS headphones over.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.