8K X Backer Options

@Davobkk Thanks for your effort on clarifying this subject. I have arrived at the decision that I will more than likely now ask for the loaner model after some consideration of the various factors going on with the Xmodel (no current demo) and ship it back to Pimax when the X becomes available given they have worked out all the bugs by then. If not then I will keep the standard 8k and apply the 200 credit toward some future Pimax purchase.
This question I don’t think has been asked yet, will the loaner include the new headstrap with built-in audio and all other stretch goals included and will we have the option to ask for the 2.0 tracking sensors chip TS4231 when they send out the questions prior to the end of the Kickstarter campaign Nov. 3. Maybe someone could answer this?

1 Like

So what do you guys make of the announcement of the new limits? If I need to add $499 extra for the 8k, will that count towards the limit or will I run out of units? They’ll only know what I pledged the extra amount until KS closes and they send out the survey…

@deletedpimaxrep1 @Matthew.Xu @bacon

Limit of 8k on Kickstarter, but we have a reservation for X users. and if x users want to keep 8k, they can add $499 on kickstarter. Thank you

2 Likes

It would be to their benefit to add an incentive to option 1. That way they don’t need to deal with extra shipping, and handling used goods.

Great, thanks. I’ve just changed up pledge accordingly. Do I need to add shipping also?

If we add $499, does that headset also get all of the extra stretch goals on top of the stretch goals for the 8kX ? eg, do we get 2 of every stretch goal ?

1 Like

X users don’t need to add shipping cost. Thank you

1 Like

You’ll get another 1 of stretch goals.

2 Likes

Hi matthew.xu I have already backed the Pimax 8kX model and I just want to clarify because I’m seriously considering adding the extra $499 to my pledge to add the Pimax 8k model I just wanted to get clarification 1.) I’m in the U.S. do I need to add additional amount for shipping? and 2.) Will I receive all the backer stretch goals for the 8k model as well? 3.) Where on the kickstarter page do I add the additional amount to my previous order or do I just select the back project green button again, sorry for my confusion. I think once my 8kx arrives I could easily sell the 8k at that point and recover my cost, that would be a bargain or free rent while waiting.

1 Like

Hi Fresco,

1. You don’t add another money for shipping cost.
  2. Yes, you can get another stretch goals, if you want to keep the 8k.
  3. You need increase $499 on kickstarter pledge.
    Thank you
3 Likes

I have 8kx
you said that before the end kickstarter you said if 8kx supported downscale at 1440.
now 8k are limited and we 8kx have to know. please now. Even with VOLTA you need more time for native 4k done well.
sorry for google translator

@deletedpimaxrep1 @Matthew.Xu

$499 or $499 + shipping ? ie do we have to pay for shipping once or twice ?

I have a question, so lets say you increase your pledge by $499, that ensures (ideally) you get the 8K in Jan, if you are backing the 8K X full package, when would you receive the base stations? Would you have have to wait for your 8K-X package in May for all your base stations?

Why must an 8K X backer pay ahead of time for the Standard 8K?

Don’t try to lock us in when we have no idea if the Standard 8K will be acceptable based on our “own” gauntlet of tests.

You are doubling down, however, you also get 2x the stretch goals. So I assume some 8K-X backers will pay the $499, play around with it, come May (ideally) when they get the X, they simply sell there 8K (full set + all the extra goodies) for more than $499, thats the only way it makes sense to me.

no no no
is written above … add “only” 499 $. shipping charges pay pimax.

not yet
normal 8k also arrives without adding 499.
if you add the money you can keep it. in both cases the shipping charges pay pimax.
if you do not add $ 499 you have to return it to pimax to get 8kx.

for base station depends on the money you put.
if you paid 8kx full $ 999 you will receive 8k from February with controller and base station.
if you bought 8kx base and want to have the controllers and base station add
$ 200 + $ 10 shipping charge per controller
$ 75 + $ 10 shipping charges for each base station.
if you bought 8kx base and want to buy controller, 2 base station and keep 8k add $ 799.

In my case I bought 8kx base at $ 699 and I added $ 85 to have 1 base station.
I expect to receive 8k + 1 base station starting from January.

But the point that I can not find answer and it seems that everyone is scraping it is that if 8kx does not work at 1440 we will have to put it in a drawer until 2019 and 2080ti

pimax reply or step to 8k base. there are few

always apologize for google translator :grinning:

1 Like

The Wireless module and eye tracking may be a long wait so those items seem too far fetched to even consider.

My intention was to keep the Standard 8K (pay) but only after it’s deemed acceptable to me.

If not, wait for the 8K X and then ship the Standard 8K back.

Not comfortable with parting with the Standard 8K and having to wait for the 8K X empty handed.

I’m out, I’ve just cancelled my pledge. They can’t even get 90 hz on the normal 8k model. It seemed from the start that Pimax doesn’t really want to release the 8k X. I’m more and more getting the idea that sometime in august they say 'sorry, it turned out impossible to get native 8k, to all X backers, thanks, here’s a redemption ticket for $199 for future Pimax purchases, enjoy your regular 8k".

Some 8kx users want to keep 8k, so they can increase the amount to keep 8k.

8kx users do not need to increase shipping cost.